Raiders extend WR Hunter Renfrow (2 years, $32M, $21M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

On 6/10/2022 at 6:47 PM, bucksavage1 said:

They were MULTIPLE users on this website forum that argued with me Hunter wouldn’t get 15 million or More. 

Show yourself and eat your crow. In all seriousness I didn’t think we would be able to sign him

There were also a ton of users on here telling you DC wasn’t going anywhere lol 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Adams ~ Chase

Waller > Higgins

Renfrow ~ Boyd

We’ve actually seen that trio tear it up on the way to a super bowl. We’ve never seen our trio play together and Waller/Renfrow have never balled out during the same season. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

There were also a ton of users on here telling you DC wasn’t going anywhere lol 

Considering Renfrow still had 1 yr/2.5M on his rookie deal, the extension puts him on a 3 yr/$34M contract which averages out to a little more than $11M per season.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We’ve actually seen that trio tear it up on the way to a super bowl. We’ve never seen our trio play together and Waller/Renfrow have never balled out during the same season. 

Also true. But objectively, if we're going on a player by player basis, would you agree?

Uzomah was actually pretty good and he played a role too. We don't have. a #4 guy rn.

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also true. But objectively, if we're going on a player by player basis, would you agree?

Uzomah was actually pretty good and he played a role too. We don't have. a #4 guy rn.

On paper I'd say Adams > Chase, Waller > Higgins, and Renfrow = Boyd. 

The one thing about their group though is that they all have very different skillets. Higgins as a bigger bodied outside WR that operates in the medium/long passing game, Boyd as a slot guy that operates in the intermediate areas of the field, and Chase as the big play threat. 

Renfrow, Waller, and Adams are all kind of at their best in the same area of the field.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 6:47 PM, bucksavage1 said:

They were MULTIPLE users on this website forum that argued with me Hunter wouldn’t get 15 million or More. 

Show yourself and eat your crow. In all seriousness I didn’t think we would be able to sign him

We have to see what the details of the deal actually are but as it stands he's on a 3 yr/$34.5M deal with $21M GTD. So that averages out to be around $11M per year, similar to what Boyd got, as I suggested he should get, lol.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:16 AM, drfrey13 said:

I am happy we resigned him but McDaniels and Ziegler are spending money like are not planning on sticking around very long.  We are pretty much out of cap space for next year and the only way to create more would be restructures that never end well or cutting core players like Carr, Waller, or Adams.  If we have to cut them this rebuild is already a fail.  We have to win with this team as is or it is going to be torn down.  We have no flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.  I do not like that because it almost never ends up that all things go as planned.

Meh I disagree. They recognized that we have a 3 year window and they're paying our best players to lead us through it. If things don't work out in this window then we need to pivot and they've set themselves up to totally change the roster if they want too. We have a ton of draft picks and should have around $20M in cap space to work with next offseason. Good teams aren't built through free agency because they typically can't spend big and retain their own core players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Adams ~ Chase

Waller > Higgins

Renfrow ~ Boyd

I would agree with you from the production last year but you have to remember that Adams and Renfrow were the #1 option last year on 2 separate teams.  I am not saying that the Bengals trio is better but rather that next year will be a better judge if everyone stays healthy.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I expect to see the 1st 2k yard receiver in the near future. 

Kupp almost broke CJ's record.  2,000 should fall in the next few years.  If Johnson got to play in todays league he would have broke 2,000 several times.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh I disagree. They recognized that we have a 3 year window and they're paying our best players to lead us through it. If things don't work out in this window then we need to pivot and they've set themselves up to totally change the roster if they want too. We have a ton of draft picks and should have around $20M in cap space to work with next offseason. Good teams aren't built through free agency because they typically can't spend big and retain their own core players.

I agree that we should not try to build through free agency but what we did with Adams was essentially singed the top WR in FA, he was not going to play for GB, and gave up a 1st and 2nd for it.  Now we have thrown a lot of money at players that have never played in this system and spent big on a couple FAs.  So yes I agree we should not try to build through FA but that is what we just did.  I have said I like the players we have but feel we pulled the trigger to quickly.  This is my red flag with McDaniels.  He seems like an teenager who is about to touch boobs for the 1st time.  2022 was not our year.  2023 was.

59 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree that we should not try to build through free agency but what we did with Adams was essentially singed the top WR in FA, he was not going to play for GB, and gave up a 1st and 2nd for it.  Now we have thrown a lot of money at players that have never played in this system and spent big on a couple FAs.  So yes I agree we should not try to build through FA but that is what we just did.  I have said I like the players we have but feel we pulled the trigger to quickly.  This is my red flag with McDaniels.  He seems like an teenager who is about to touch boobs for the 1st time.  2022 was not our year.  2023 was.

Yeah I mean but the chance to acquire an All-Pro, future HOFer, who's probably a top 5 player in the NFL regardless of position almost never comes around. One of our biggest issues throughout Carr's tenure was that we've never really had that truly elite, alpha in the passing game, we got the best in the business. The Packers tagged him because they were not going to let him walk while receiving nothing in return. The only two free agents that we really spent money on were Adams/Crosby, two future HOF players at key positions. Other than that we extended our best players in Carr, Crosby, and Renfrow who were all going into the last year of their deals. 

Gruden and Mayock didn't exactly leave the cupboard full for the new regime, we lost 28 players in free agency. And we signed 21 guys to replace them, the majority on 1 year, small contracts. Of our 21 free agent signings only Jones ($17M), Nichols ($4.2M), Bolden ($2.5M) got multi year deals and only Averrett ($4M) and Hollins ($2M) got more than $2M on their 1 year contract. 

The team is bringing back 15 starters from the squad that just won 10 games and barely lost to the eventual AFC champions. Mark Davis said from the beginning that it wasn't a rebuild, rather a retooling of the roster, I think they did a good job with the resources available. And Ziegler's competence as a GM has already been shown with the way that we've structured all of our contracts. 

• Like 2