NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dame - Hart - OG - Grant - Nurk 

w/Simons in a 6th man role 

This is nice, add 3 more playable depth pieces and if Dame comes back his regular self this team will surprise people. Both sides of the ball improved in two moves.

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

dude wants to be a go to scorer and sucks at scoring. he's not that valuable a player

He has more value than a late pick three years from now.  He is a versatile 4 who can play the three and stretch the floor.  He isn’t a star, but should have netted us more than that. Like I said, moving up one spot in the draft to secure our guy sounds better than waiting three years for a pick that hurts more than it helps because it’s guaranteed at the end of the first round. 

After the trade, the Pistons have roughly $43 million at their disposal. Per sources, Detroit is heavily expected to pursue Phoenix Suns big man and 2018 No. 1 pick Deandre Ayton in the open market. The Pistons may also look to the trade block to make use of that cap space if Ayton stays put in Phoenix or lands elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He went to a good situation, in GS and was considered a dud at the time.  They got Wiggins and a top pick for Russell. He was just to make the contracts work but it worked out. 

False. The Wolves were concerned that KAT was potentially going to leave in free agency so they traded for DLo who's one of his best friends to keep him happy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

This is nice, add 3 more playable depth pieces and if Dame comes back his regular self this team will surprise people. Both sides of the ball improved in two moves.

They need to waive Bledsoe but I like Winslow, Johnson, and Little as role players off the bench. 

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He went to a good situation, in GS and was considered a dud at the time.  They got Wiggins and a top pick for Russell. He was just to make the contracts work but it worked out. 

The way you worded it was you thought Minnesota was a good situation.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They need to waive Bledsoe but I like Winslow, Johnson, and Little as role players off the bench. 

Johnson and Little, while talented, are to unproven for to feel great about them seeing major minutes off the bench. If they surprised throughout the season then bonus. But adding a couple bigs and reliable, vet on the wing I think would go a lot further for them. Their cap would be very tight with Grant and OG additions however.

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Johnson and Little, while talented, are to unproven for to feel great about them seeing major minutes off the bench. If they surprised throughout the season then bonus. But adding a couple bigs and reliable, vet on the wing I think would go a lot further for them. Their cap would be very tight with Grant and OG additions however.

They'd still have the full MLE too.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That’s the trade I’m looking for at this point since it seems we aren’t in on OG. Collins is my #2 target and while likely a lot cheaper than OG he’s a lot riskier with the Sabo fit. I do think it can work but we’ll be asking him to space the floor so his shot will need to continue to fall. 

Im dreaming here but since it hasn’t not happened yet, I guess there’s a chance. Trade for Collins with Barnes and future pick/picks. Trade with Pacers, 4 and smaller contracts for 6 and Duarte. Find a trade partner for 6 and turn it into multiple 1sts. Or just pull the trigger on Benne or Davis at 6. I’d lose my **** if this played out.

Edited by Fureys49ers