NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@Fureys49ers the Kings are likely signing Victor Oladipo.

Also the Timberwolves, Hawks, Heat, and another team in the East are all in on Murray.

Yea I saw this, we have a Trade Exception and BAE to possibly bring him on board for a year while he tries to rebuild his stock. We’re likely picking up DDV’s contract as well so I guess they’d be our 2 guards with Terence Davis as developmental depth. Wouldn’t be to upset about it, would leave the MLE to sign one or two more forwards as well. Pretty uninspiring offseason likely to happen for Sac but was always the realistic option.

Edited by Fureys49ers

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Yea I saw this, we have a Trade Exception and BAE to possibly bring him on board for a year while he tries to rebuild his stock. We’re likely picking up DDV’s contract as well so I guess they’d be our 2 guards with Terence Davis as developmental depth. Wouldn’t be to upset about it, would leave the MLE to sign one or two more forwards as well. Pretty uninspiring offseason likely to happen for Sac but was always the realistic option.

Oladipo is a free agent so you don't need the exception to bring him in.

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Isn’t that what smart teams do?  Keep your talent unless a team overpays...

There's a STARK difference between asking teams to overpay, and asking for the moon out of another team for a really good, but not great player.  Murray is really good, but he's not worth that by any means.

6 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Isn’t that what smart teams do?  Keep your talent unless a team overpays...

I took it as the Spurs aren't actively shopping him or interested in trading him unless they receive a godfather offer, which they know isn't coming. 

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

There's a STARK difference between asking teams to overpay, and asking for the moon out of another team for a really good, but not great player.  Murray is really good, but he's not worth that by any means.

I think it was more so a case of, we're not interested in trading him but if a team gives us 4-5 1st round picks we'd do it.