NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There are some rumblings that Miami, Philadelphia, and Boston are all trying to acquire Beal via S&T. @MKnight82

I don’t see what Philly could possibly offer unless they are giving up Maxey. I guess the Heats offer would center around Herro but that’s lame imo. Boston’s not going to give up Brown so idk what they could offer either. 

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Hawks didn't want to do a Collins/Barnes swap and now they're going to include Huerter too?

Barnes and other expiring contracts to free up money for the Hawks. Need to resign Hunter soon and provides future financial flexibility they wouldn’t have with 40+ mil tied up in Huerter and Collins for the next 3 years. Picks would also have to be included in some degree, to recover some of what they just gave to SA. Or at least that’s what’s being spitballed and speculated. I’m not holding my breath though.

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why would you draft Murray then trade for Harris? 

There’s no reason they couldn’t play together, is it the best idea? Hell naw, but this is the Kings we’re talking about. It feels like they’re just trying to acquire whatever talent they can with all these rumors. Yet none of these rumors have came to fruition yet so other teams and players/agents could just be using the Kings as leverage like almost every offseason because it’s believable that directionless Kings could have interest in anyone.

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t see what Philly could possibly offer unless they are giving up Maxey. I guess the Heats offer would center around Herro but that’s lame imo. Boston’s not going to give up Brown so idk what they could offer either. 

Teams typically don't get great value in S&Ts. Philly got Josh Richardson for Jimmy Butler. 

16 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Barnes and other expiring contracts to free up money for the Hawks. Need to resign Hunter soon and provides future financial flexibility they wouldn’t have with 40+ mil tied up in Huerter and Collins for the next 3 years. Picks would also have to be included in some degree, to recover some of what they just gave to SA. Or at least that’s what’s being spitballed and speculated. I’m not holding my breath though.

I don't think the Hawks leveraged all of their future draft capital to be conservative with their spending, they want to win now.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think the Hawks leveraged all of their future draft capital to be conservative with their spending, they want to win now.

My thoughts too yet since their season ended it feels like we’ve been hearing Collins is gone, and Huerter being dangled seems to be picking up some steam. 

5 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Really hope Spurs aren't tanking this season. Maybe they're going after Ayton.

They didn't need to move Murray to afford Ayton and if they were maxing out Ayton wouldn't it have made more sense to keep Murray?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

My thoughts too yet since their season ended it feels like we’ve been hearing Collins is gone, and Huerter being dangled seems to be picking up some steam. 

I think it's more likely that they're looking to package Huerter, Collins, and other assets to acquire a third All-Star.