Eagles sign S Jaquiski Tartt on a 1 year deal

TheRealMcCoy

Decent depth signing. We were pretty thin there. Safety still gonna be the Achilles heel of our D.
That's a bend and hope they don't break safety group that won't be bringing down many int's. 
I don't think bringing in Reddick/drafting Jordan Davis will improve the pass rush enough to mask them against quality QB's, but I guess we'll see in 3 months. Eagles should be a top 10 or even top 5 defense against the run. 

Edited by Jeezla

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

He feels like the prime example of how you can tell that teams are pretty into pff lol. Pff has never been overly kind to him and he has had no market the last two years it seems despite being a very competent starting safety

Same reason a corner that does not get targeted much will not have a high PFF grade. They value making plays on the ball more than doing your job. As you know, I've been hyping up the Ward/Tartt safety duo before almost anyone in the fanbase but people will always knock Tartt for not making plays. Now all he will be remembered for was dropping that INT in the NFCCG. He is playing alongside others in the secondary that CAN force TOs which is what you ideally need to compliment Tartt. 

On 6/18/2022 at 2:16 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure why Eagles fan are getting so worked up about it. I didn’t know who he was and people acted like i should. Why would I know someone without any real achievements? I said he’s a JAG. Every team has them as you said.

Hopefully he works out. 

I wasn't worked up about it. Just seems weird to say "who?" to a guy whose dropped INT in the NFC Championship game this past year was a HUGE deal and who has started 64 games (70 if you include playoffs) since 2015 and would've started more if not for injury. That's all.

It upgrades our safety room a bit which was in desperate need of another body. He might end up starting though.

Speaking of safeties I wanted us to sign Justin Reid if we couldn't get Marcus Williams, but you guys jumped on him right out the gates of free agency and we offered Williams a similar contract to the Ravens and he just supposedly chose to go to Baltimore instead.

But, for this late in the process after not getting a safety in the draft and missing out on getting one in the first wave of FA I'm happy to add a guy like Tartt.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, it hasn’t been announced officially yet. He got basically the same deal we gave to Anthony Harris to come back which is 2.5 million for 1 year. We gave Harris 1 million guaranteed and I’d guess Tartt is probably the same.

Caplan said on a recent podcast that the reason Tartt got a little more $ this late in the process than might’ve been expected is that there was other teams interested in him too. I’m not sure how many, but yeah.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy