Eagles sign S Jaquiski Tartt on a 1 year deal

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yes but everyone drops a pick or a ball eventually. No one's perfect. Troll post fail

I mean, he's probably best known for that if we are being honest. If there was a play you were going to provide to someone who didn't know who he was to tell him who tartt was, it's probably that one. Not trollish at all. 

• Like 1

In 2008 the Eagles signed the DB who dropped the 19-0 Eli interception.

Asante was a stud for 4 years in Philly. (23 picks and 3 pro bowls)

I'm fine signing a good player who had one really bad moment.

I'm not saying Tartt is anywhere near the level of Asante Samuel, just that trolling Eagles fans for a 49ers playoff drop is not all that impressive.

Edited by SkippyX

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Harris should start. He may not be as good as he was in 2019, but he should be okay even with a down year.

Harris had the 2nd best missed tackle rate on the team last year.

I feel like when we started playing him closer to the LOS later in the year he started to play better.

Both him and McLeod (coming back from an ACL) started playing better ball in the second half of the season.

Harris isn't as rangy on the back end in coverage as he was once upon a time with Minnesota, but I think Gannon trusts him and the reason he's still here and McLeod isn't is that he's spent more time with him dating back to their Vikings days.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Nice signing. Should be penciled in as the starting safety next to Anthony Harris, I'd wager.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Tartt and Harris have more experience than Epps obviously, but he was probably our most impactful safety last year.

I think all 3 will get their run, but I think they like Epps a good deal and if he builds on last year he could earn himself an extension (in the last year of his deal) as he's 26 years old. Harris is gonna turn 31 during the season and Tartt will turn 31 slightly after the season, so they are more of short term options on their 1 year deals.

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Harris should start. He may not be as good as he was in 2019, but he should be okay even with a down year.

Harris had the 2nd best missed tackle rate on the team last year.

I feel like when we started playing him closer to the LOS later in the year he started to play better.

Both him and McLeod (coming back from an ACL) started playing better ball in the second half of the season.

Harris isn't as rangy on the back end in coverage as he was once upon a time with Minnesota, but I think Gannon trusts him and the reason he's still here and McLeod isn't is that he's spent more time with him dating back to their Vikings days.

3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

dang.. a person that says positive things about a player that let your team..  rare thing 

@J-ALL-DAY always keeps it 100.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The 49ers were pretty okay last year, I thought...

Yeah but you also have to consider times they played and who else was in the same slot. The Chiefs had many late afternoon games so I of course chose those. Then you consider matchups and the 49ers games for me were rarely at or near the top of the list. 

55 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I just feel like he's a descending player. He's unnoticeable out there, which might be good for a safety? Idk, just not enough juice for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yeah but you also have to consider times they played and who else was in the same slot. The Chiefs had many late afternoon games so I of course chose those. Then you consider matchups and the 49ers games for me were rarely at or near the top of the list. 

You'll always regret not getting to watch Jimmy g more

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Okay, but Jaquiski Tartt has been a starter for like 7 years for a team that has made the conference championship game multiple times in that span and the Super Bowl once. Paired with one of the most memorable names in the NFL. Cancels out the season ending injuries.

He seems to always look good against the Cardinals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just feel like he's a descending player. He's unnoticeable out there, which might be good for a safety? Idk, just not enough juice for me.

Nah, I feel like you WANT to notice your safeties. They should either be around the ball or at the catch point to break up the pass. They generally don't get the same "eraser" assignments that CBs get. And yeah, a well-positioned high safety is going to take away the deep pass and won't be targeted, but I feel like they still should be around the ball a lot in the passing game. Can sort of excuse them for not getting a ton of tackles in the running game if you have a strong Front-7 and they're being played 10+ yards off the ball. 

Adding Tartt and Bradberry to the secondary along with the rest of the front 7 players from FA and the draft. Gonna go out on a limb and suggest Gannon's "Amoeba" Defense he tried to install last year with 💩 players, should be drastically improved in 2022.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3