UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

13 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not in a rush to move him, but it is a stacked free agent class.

I will be very interested to see who our DC is as that could have a huge impact on CBs that we go after.

If we go with Flip at HC and he brings Pettine... we are going to want lockdown man corners.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The free agent C class is seriously stacked

Corey Linsley

Ryan Jensen

Spencer Long

That would be a stellar move and allow us to truly go BPA in the draft. I'm one of the few people here who have no problem taking OL in the first round. I really don't see any elite OLB talent outside of Chub. I don't think we can just force an OLB if a trade down option is not available. 

Also lets look at the numbers- the defense is still a top 15 unit as is. The offense is terrible around 28th. If we have a consistent offense our D will be better. 

3 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm in no rush to move Whitehair from C. He has so much strength in his lower half that he can stand up some NTs one-on-one (he's the anti-Grasu in that regard). Keep him there, let him continue to hone his craft.

There is really only one OG I really like in FA but a few C so Whitehair being versatile really helps us.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

There is really only one OG I really like in FA but a few C so Whitehair being versatile really helps us.

For sure... I just think he's been kicking *** at C, why mess with it?

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

For sure... I just think he's been kicking *** at C, why mess with it?

cause you can upgrade the interior Oline at a fraction of the cost of signing a Norwell or using a 10 pick on a guard.  it makes a ton of sense and its time to move on from sitton

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The problem with signing an interior OLmen is that you won't be saving money.

You will be replacing an 8 million dollar player [Sitton] with an 8-9 million dollar player.

Jamal Adams was drafted 6th, 4 year deal $22.25 million. He's not exactly pennies either, Windy.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

Jamal Adams was drafted 6th, 4 year deal $22.25 million. He's not exactly pennies either, Windy.

At OG it would be a push for us financially, which means that player would need up be a clear upgrade over Sitton.

You would save 2.5 million if you were to draft Nelson, which is not nothing. I don't think you make that decision based on cap space.

Matt Speigel on the Score made an interesting comment. He spoke to a friend who is an NFL assistant coach who said,

1. Everyone in the NFL knows the Bears job is going to open up and people are already preparing.

2. With no McVay or Shannahan this year it is going to be a wide open market and really hard to predict who will end up where. 

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Matt Speigel on the Score made an interesting comment. He spoke to a friend who is an NFL assistant coach who said,

1. Everyone in the NFL knows the Bears job is going to open up and people are already preparing.

2. With no McVay or Shannahan this year it is going to be a wide open market and really hard to predict who will end up where. 

Sweet! If they're preparing then it means they're at least interested, right? xD

Archived