UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

1. MT 10 is a huge reason that Pace is keeping his job. Not the only, but it is a huge factor.

2. Speigel and Parkins are the best guys on the Score. Parkins talks actual intelligent and deep football thoughts. His point has always been that Pace can clearly draft and you have to let him see the MT10 thing through.

3. Pace probably won't be fired, but I also think that if something comes up where you can land a coach you love, and Pace is the sticking point that you can easily justify flushing Pace.

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1. MT 10 is a huge reason that Pace is keeping his job. Not the only, but it is a huge factor.

2. Speigel and Parkins are the best guys on the Score. Parkins talks actual intelligent and deep football thoughts. His point has always been that Pace can clearly draft and you have to let him see the MT10 thing through.

3. Pace probably won't be fired, but I also think that if something comes up where you can land a coach you love, and Pace is the sticking point that you can easily justify flushing Pace.

3: I Agree Pace is likely staying.  I can't imagine a scenario in which your second poiint comes up though, as a) what coach out there is so great that you'd cut your GM to land him? B) who is going to make that decision? Ted Phillips? GMcCask?  No way. I'll bet you a pack of big league chew that doesn't happen. 

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

3: I Agree Pace is likely staying.  I can't imagine a scenario in which your second poiint comes up though, as a) what coach out there is so great that you'd cut your GM to land him? B) who is going to make that decision? Ted Phillips? GMcCask?  No way. I'll bet you a pack of big league chew that doesn't happen. 

You have to wonder how long Phillips is going to be protected in all of this.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Forever. He managed to get the great residents of Chicago to pay for their goddamn stadium.

16 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

David Shaw or Jim Harbuagh I would pay 15 to 20 million a year to do both jobs.  coach and GM

I have a new game the rules are that you build the best coaching staff you can around a head coach candidate. I encourage you to look for possible connections and reasons for the coaches to work together.

Coaches who are fired and hit the market

Chicago [Ha Ha]

Houston

Tampa Bay

NYG

Indianapolis

Cincinnati 

Oakland-Not Del Rio, but everyone else

Denver-Offensive staff

You can also use any coaches that are on the street right now [McCoy, Norv, McAdoo]

You must fill the positions,

OC:

QB:

DC:

Special Teams:

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I have a new game the rules are that you build the best coaching staff you can around a head coach candidate. I encourage you to look for possible connections and reasons for the coaches to work together.

Coaches who are fired and hit the market

Chicago [Ha Ha]

Houston

Tampa Bay

NYG

Indianapolis

Cincinnati 

Oakland-Not Del Rio, but everyone else

Denver-Offensive staff

You can also use any coaches that are on the street right now [McCoy, Norv, McAdoo]

You must fill the positions,

OC:

QB:

DC:

Special Teams:

First HC, who was interviewed by Pace last time,

Patriots DC Matt Patricia

Matt-Patricia-Patriots.jpg

Sorry new to the forum, but like the topic.   I know alot of people are interested in DeFillipo or Nagy, I'm really leaning towards Carmichael as the new head coach for these reasons

HC-Carmichael (obvious connection with Pace)

OC-Rob Chudinsky (worked with Carmichael in SD)

DC-Mike Nolan (currently on New Orleans staff, accomplished coordinator with several top ten defenses)

ST-Kevin O'Dea (studied under Toub, and current assistant coordinator in NO)

QB-Brian Schottenheimer (Not really excited about this selection, but fits in the tree)

This would be a solid coaching staff with alot of potential.  As far as the defense goes, most of Fangio's success in SF came from the players chosen by Nolan, and the three offensive guys would hopefully develop Trubinsky.

12 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

Sorry new to the forum, but like the topic.   I know alot of people are interested in DeFillipo or Nagy, I'm really leaning towards Carmichael as the new head coach for these reasons

HC-Carmichael (obvious connection with Pace)

OC-Rob Chudinsky (worked with Carmichael in SD)

DC-Mike Nolan (currently on New Orleans staff, accomplished coordinator with several top ten defenses)

ST-Kevin O'Dea (studied under Toub, and current assistant coordinator in NO)

QB-Brian Schottenheimer (Not really excited about this selection, but fits in the tree)

This would be a solid coaching staff with alot of potential.  As far as the defense goes, most of Fangio's success in SF came from the players chosen by Nolan, and the three offensive guys would hopefully develop Trubinsky.

I've kind of soured on Carmichael lately but I really wouldn't be upset with this at all.  Solid job and welcome!

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

One bad game by MT10 vs Lions coupled with a 49ers win with contributions from both Jimmy G and the foot of 6 Robbie Gould FGs seemed to make the meatballs really upset yesterday.

No matter how irrational the argument is, the meatballs won't let Pace hear the end of this one.

Anyone have the time/energy to look up what all of the Bear pundits thought of the Gould release at the time? 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

People stump for his ouster all the time. He’s not involved in football ops at all at this point. George has said so. Phillips himself has said so. Pretty sure Pace has said so too at some point. 

Archived