UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else see the 49ers drop 44 points on the NFLs best scoring D today...man that Shanahan/McVay offence is really perfect for the NFL right now...that playbook is the one thing that makes me still think LaFleur is the right guy for us...the way Jimmy G plays is exactly how we should be using Trubiksy with his skill set.

I was able to watch the last few quarters, accuracy is key with that system for YAC, and Trubisky has that. If the coach really works him on his footwork his accuracy will go up as well.

Just give me the coach that can develop Trubisky and you'll have NFC North title contention and possible deep playoff contention year in and year out.

30 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Rumors starting to fly that Bruce Arians will be parting ways with the cardinals...for me he is too old to be the guy but I would love to bring in James Bettcher as DC...dude would be perfect for us.

I love Brucie.

I worry about his age.

If he could sell me a 4 year plan where he gets Harold Godwin ready to be the HC I would have to listen.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I love Brucie.

I worry about his age.

If he could sell me a 4 year plan where he gets Harold Godwin ready to be the HC I would have to listen.

I like Goodwin as well but we so badly need a guy who can develop, adapt and call schemes and I am not sure that is him.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I like Goodwin as well but we so badly need a guy who can develop, adapt and call schemes and I am not sure that is him.

More years under Bruce would hoepfully give him a PHD in the system.

I am just trying to find a way to have continuity.

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I just don't think Arians is a fit but I would love to cherry pick his staff.

Belcher would be a great pickup and Goodwin with a QB centered HC like Nagy would make me very happy.

Belcher would probably be my #1 DC choice. Love the aggressive 3-4 that they run.

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

Just watched this and I have to say I want Mark Sanchez to either be brought back or take the QB Coach position.

He seems like he’s gonna be a good coach. He’s got the best gig in sports right now though. He’s getting a 7-figure salary to not even dress on game day. I’d be fine with him as our primary backup QB next year tbh. He’s at least serviceable. And if our backup is playing a lot we are probably screwed no matter what, so a huge investment there seems like bad money to me now that we seemingly have our franchise QB. 

On 12/24/2017 at 7:35 AM, WindyCity said:

Rapaport

I love Ron Rivera

I know everybody is looking at offensive guys, but there are two defensive guys that need consideration:

1. Ron Rivera - really doubt he becomes available. Carolina is just going to pay him whatever he wants to stay in order to keep continuity.

2. Matt Patricia - has coached on both sides of the ball.

Also, I’m really leery of all of this LaFleur talk. LaFleur is a prime example of what I’m talking about when I say the Bears need a head coach, not just a playcaller.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Just watched this and I have to say I want Mark Sanchez to either be brought back or take the QB Coach position.

I've been at this point for a while too. He has taken the mentor role very well and even if he had the butt fumble, that was one play of a pretty good career.

He is a back up and is better than Glennon, and has experience in the playoffs. I don't mind him mentoring Trubisky.

19 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Also, I’m really leery of all of this LaFleur talk. LaFleur is a prime example of what I’m talking about when I say the Bears need a head coach, not just a playcaller.

We've been without either for a while, even a real playcaller would be an upgrade. lol

I'm not counting Gase as a playcaller either, he was coasting while here and was way too predictable.

Just now, Sugashane said:

I've been at this point for a while too. He has taken the mentor role very well and even if he had the butt fumble, that was one play of a pretty good career.

He is a back up and is better than Glennon, and has experience in the playoffs. I don't mind him mentoring Trubisky.

That’s were I have been for a while also, but I thought this video emphasizes it for other people. 

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

That’s were I have been for a while also, but I thought this video emphasizes it for other people. 

Agreed. Easier to believe something like that then the coach-speak or players praising him, as they might just be being polite/politically correct. 

Archived