Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Wild game tonight boys. Tons of ball movement, our 3s were falling, some good defensive efforts early on. Then 4th quarter the Wizards turned it on and we almost went into advanced tanking. Then Cedi said SCREW THE FO, SCREW THE COACHES, im bringing this one home and proceeds to miss 2 FTs but then gets the game winning steal.

Cedi stringing along a nice set of 25+ point games. Man when he is consistent with his shooting, hes gonna be the 3rd in a big 3.

Zizic continuing to develop. Boy needs to work on catching passes though. Had some sloppy TOs.

Nance shaking off the rust looking pretty good tonight. Still want to see more 3s from him. 

Clarkson was on fire. This was his flu game. 

Sexton looks bad again. At this point, I think if we can get Zion and a good PG (Mike Conley Jr. with our expirings + Sexton), we might be able to make the playoffs

PG: Conley Jr // Clarkson // Delly
SG: Osman // Nwaba
SF: Zion Williamson // Adele
PF: Love // Nance Jr
C: Zizic // Thompson // Henson

Lmao. That’s a terrible trade. We don’t need to get older. And Zion isn’t a 3. 

• Like 1

I know hes probably a 4 but with his athleticism, I think he can play 3 in big line ups and 4 in small line ups with Love or TT at C.

Also I am a huge Conley fan, I understand people dont want that massive contract at his age but his game will age well and i dont know what other good PG options there are given our assets are an expiring Burks, JR, Hood (who has to waive a no trade clause), Zizic and a PG in Sexton who will need at least 2 more years. 

EDIT: I also wouldnt mind someone like Jru Holliday (28 and great defender) or any PG that is smart and plays good defense and moderately good at scoring. Maybe be the 3rd team for Lonzo - (before people flip, he started playing well before the injury and can be a solid 15/10 guy with elite defense)

Edited by ohiogenius

We need to try and find a way to offload TT soon. Philly could use him. Embiid has trouble with horford and we all know Tt owns him. Maybe try and get butler from him. They want to get rid of him. We would retain his bird rights and could build a team around him Sexton and whoever we draft. Gilbert wants to get back into the playoffs ASAP. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We need to try and find a way to offload TT soon. Philly could use him. Embiid has trouble with horford and we all know Tt owns him. Maybe try and get butler from him. They want to get rid of him. We would retain his bird rights and could build a team around him Sexton and whoever we draft. Gilbert wants to get back into the playoffs ASAP. 

lol you think Philly will trade Butler for TT. I know fans overvalue their players but damn thats just delusional.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Gotta say, I would've been FINE giving up Sexton, a pick (not our 1st this year), and taking on a load of salary to get Zinger.

Knicks wanted expiring contracts. They trade Zings to have at least 2 max contracts to offer this offseason. I see them going after Butler and Irving

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Haha you think Butler would actually resign in Cleveland...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

lol I was thinking about that. I’ve never seen a JAG own an all star as bad as that matchup. Maybe when Kendrick Perkins defended D12, but it’s hilarious.

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Watching luka dominate makes me want Zion even more. We need a generational wing player. I don’t care what it cost. If we don’t win the lottery, trade whatever we have to to get him. Future picks any combo of players. 

You realize other teams know this too correct?

Its easy to say “hey this guy is good, do what we can to get him.” There are other NBA franchises.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

You realize other teams know this too correct?

Its easy to say “hey this guy is good, do what we can to get him.” There are other NBA franchises.

We’ll have a low pick so it won’t be as hard as it would for other teams. 3 other teams passed on luka so never doubt how dumb teams can be. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’ll have a low pick so it won’t be as hard as it would for other teams. 3 other teams passed on luka so never doubt how dumb teams can be. 

The dumb element is true and can’t be overlooked. I will never understand the Kings thought process of drafting Bailey over Luka. I did however understand drafting Deandre Ayton at 1 because he looks like a Tim Duncan who can shoot 3’s.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck