Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Funny how all of a sudden the organization has recognized what Cedi can do/be.

Bet the Warriors are asking: Who is this guy?

My hope is that in late June, the Warriors (or the Rockets, or even the Thunder) are asking, "Who WAS that guy?  He kicked our a@$."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

My hope is that in late June, the Warriors (or the Rockets, or even the Thunder) are asking, "Who WAS that guy?  He kicked our a@$."

I have been pimping for Cedi since early in the season.

He is a weapon on both ends of the court.

Should have been given a lot more minutes before now.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Funny how all of a sudden the organization has recognized what Cedi can do/be.

Bet the Warriors are asking: Who is this guy?

I want to say they have always liked him. They drafted him with a high 2nd rd pick and refused to trade his rights when teams came asking for him the past couple of year. Its not like the Cavs finally wanted to bring him over this year, him coming over to the NBA has always been his decision. I just think they needed to give him time to adjust to American style basketball, he is finally taking to it and he is getting more minutes.

I believe the Warriors know exactly who he is, they have one hell of a scouting department. GSW has made some great draft picks the past couple of seasons. 

27 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

He has won a few gold titles in international play for ments 18U and 20U  and has been an all-star in his league the past three years. You would thinking scouting services would of easily picked up on him. I think if he was in the draft this past draft, he is maybe a top20-25 pick. Cavs might of nailed a draft and stash here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

From what I was reading it seems as though Lue has wanted to play Osman more for a while, but didn’t want to upset the locker room by benching a vet to do so.

Right before the trade deadline apparently he’d seen enough and made the move, probably knowing a deal was imminent.

It was one of the leading causes of wanting to send Wade back to Miami. Lue wants to play Cedi more and that Wade's minutes were going to suffer and it just came more apparent when they traded for younger guards. They were respectful enough to know that Wade doesnt deserve to rot on the bench. To me that is a classy move and should be a move noticed by vets around the league. Cleveland doesnt really disrespect the Vet players

• Like 1

Just now, buno67 said:

It was one of the leading causes of wanting to send Wade back to Miami. Lue wants to play Cedi more and that Wade's minutes were going to suffer and it just came more apparent when they traded for younger guards. They were respectful enough to know that Wade doesnt deserve to rot on the bench. To me that is a classy move and should be a move noticed by vets around the league. Cleveland doesnt really disrespect the Vet players

Yeah I think they all see that.

Wade was happy, LeBron seemed happy, it was the right move. Wade should enjoy a few more months taking his farewell tour in Miami  and retire, he’s done.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

I have been pimping for Cedi since early in the season.

He is a weapon on both ends of the court.

Should have been given a lot more minutes before now.

I'm hoping he stays in the rotation somehow with Clarkson and Hood coming in, if anything we should reduce JR's minutes.  He's got older legs, hasn't been as productive, and is also gonna be one of the handful of players with playoff experience.  I don't think he suffers later from sitting more I think it will help him/us come April and May.  I still think we gotta give him a good run when games start to matter.

As far as the trade goes I could ramble forever and not say anything that hasn't been said.  Addition by subtraction, everybody else is almost a cherry on top.  George Hill will be the most important guy coming in this trade imo.  Sending IT out was the most important thing overall.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm hoping he stays in the rotation somehow with Clarkson and Hood coming in, if anything we should reduce JR's minutes.  He's got older legs, hasn't been as productive, and is also gonna be one of the handful of players with playoff experience.  I don't think he suffers later from sitting more I think it will help him/us come April and May.  I still think we gotta give him a good run when games start to matter.

Agreed, let JR rest a bit more, save his legs for chasing around studs in the playoffs. I’d also try to play Hood with Hill at least initially, as they’ve played together before and Clarkson and Nance together to ease their transition as well.

40 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

As far as the trade goes I could ramble forever and not say anything that hasn't been said.  Addition by subtraction, everybody else is almost a cherry on top.  George Hill will be the most important guy coming in this trade imo.  Sending IT out was the most important thing overall.

To add to this, i love how Altman identified culture, hustle and attitude as things to try to acquire. Even if this team doesn’t have the name recognition it did a week ago, they’ll win more games just through hustle and making other teams work. 

Id have to imagine all of these guys have got to be ecstatic to go from crappy situations to a potential finals squad while getting to play with the best player of the generation.

I love the moves right now, but still need to see how it all melds together.  I agree with what has been said in regards to the change in culture.  Too many "me first" guys that weren't used to taking a backseat.  It showed on the court. 

GS and Boston have struggled at times this year also. (not as much as we have)  but I don't think any team looks invincible.

14 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I love the moves right now, but still need to see how it all melds together.  I agree with what has been said in regards to the change in culture.  Too many "me first" guys that weren't used to taking a backseat.  It showed on the court. 

GS and Boston have struggled at times this year also. (not as much as we have)  but I don't think any team looks invincible.

Idk, when push comes to shove, I’m not sure who matches up with GS.

Right now I just want to make sure Kyrie and the Celtics don’t come out of the east.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk, when push comes to shove, I’m not sure who matches up with GS.

Right now I just want to make sure Kyrie and the Celtics don’t come out of the east.

I think the Rockets have a very good chance if James Harden doesn't revert to playoff Harden.  I agree we shouldn't be constructing our team with the Warriors in mind though.  That led to doing illogical things like starting Crowder at 4 most the season :facepalm:

Even trying to trade Kyrie for Bledsoe and George to match us up better not only blew up in our face but also was unnecessary.  If you're a KD or other injury away from winning a title I don't think you can ask for much more.

LeBron's 3/8 or potentially 3/9 in the finals is overstated.  Making the finals 9 times is an amazing accomplishment in itself.  I won't believe the Celtics or Raptors will handle us in the playoffs until I see it, regardless of how good they are in the regular season.  They've never given LeBron a scare in a playoff series thus far no matter how nice they were in the regular season.

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think the Rockets have a very good chance if James Harden doesn't revert to playoff Harden.  I agree we shouldn't be constructing our team with the Warriors in mind though.  That led to doing illogical things like starting Crowder at 4 most the season :facepalm:

Agreed, they CAN, but much like with your last point, I’ll need to actually see it first.

Even trying to trade Kyrie for Bledsoe and George to match us up better not only blew up in our face but also was unnecessary.  If you're a KD or other injury away from winning a title I don't think you can ask for much more.

Unnecessary? Maybe. But I’d make that trade all day, every day.

LeBron's 3/8 or potentially 3/9 in the finals is overstated.  Making the finals 9 times is an amazing accomplishment in itself.  I won't believe the Celtics or Raptors will handle us in the playoffs until I see it, regardless of how good they are in the regular season.  They've never given LeBron a scare in a playoff series thus far no matter how nice they were in the regular season.

Agreed, but this team we watched the last few weeks wasn’t the team that cake walked through the east the last few years. Zero energy, zero killer instinct, zero chemistry, zero defense. 

That team wasn’t coming out of the east unless LeBron went God mode.