Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

44 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I just saw Lavert went for 42 points. I didn’t know he had that in him. 

I really don’t know much about him game, and I really don’t want to trade our first rounder. Is he absolutely worth it? I really didn’t watch Pacers ball. 

Yes he’s worth it. Especially for us. Our pick will be in the mid 20s. So it’s not a big loss. He’s kind of like a bigger Colin sexton. So he has the scoring without the size disadvantage. Not as good of a 3 point shooter. Good mid range guy. So think sexton meets derozen. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

As long as Levert understands the offense runs through Darius, he’d be an excellent addition. Okoro needs to be full time SF if this happens and Mark needs to come off the bench imo.

Levert is 6’6, rebounds, assists, and gets bigs the ball. He can obviously score too.

Edited by candyman93

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

As long as Levert understands the offense runs through Darius, he’d be an excellent addition. Okoro needs to be full time SF if this happens and Mark needs to come off the bench imo.

Levert is 6’6, rebounds, assists, and gets bigs the ball. He can obviously score too.

I think Okoro comes off the bench if this happens.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think Okoro comes off the bench if this happens.

See I was talking to my boys about that yesterday 

I don’t love that concept. I think we need to continue developing Okoro as our starting 2. We got a good thing going with Lauri at the 3.  

Okoro doesn’t have that scoring off the bench we would need. With Caris contract you’d basically have to start him. 

id rather go for an Eric Gordon. He should cost less and not interfere with our younger players development. And he bring the 3 ability which opens up the floor. If we get Caris we probably don’t look to resign sexton at all either. 

25 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

great move. We needed a big scorer. 

I love we're keeping one of our higher second rounders and getting another. It's probably the OSU fan in me, but I really want Liddell on this team next year. We still have the opportunity to do a reasonable trade up from with these second rounders. 

What a move man. It'll be interesting to see how this effects Collin's standing with the team as well how it effects our starting lineup moving forward. Its crazy all the different ways that Rubio trade has effected the team. 

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

It's probably the OSU fan in me, but I really want Liddell on this team next year. We still have the opportunity to do a reasonable trade up from with these second rounders. 

It's definitely the OSU fan in you.

But yes, love that we basically gave up a 1st and then just moved down in the 2nd. Everything is a lottery ticket at that point anyway. Almost as likely to get a gem in the 30s as the 50s IMO. 

Offense has been awful, but the defense has been bad too.

If you can defend, just keep feeding Allen and letting him get to the free throw line aka “Giannis strategy.” If you rack up free throws you’ll eventually cut the score. However, you’re screwed if you don’t defend better.