Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

6 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Big game tonight in Atlanta - almost a must win for the Cavs.

Let me explain myself there. It certainly is not a must win as far as determining the playoff fate of this team.

But it is for these three reasons.

1). - The Cavs came into a hostile playoff environment Saturday night, and got dominated. Need to see growth from that to put away the red flags. The Hawks will bring a similar type of energy than what we saw Saturday. The Hawks are currently in the last (10th) playoff slot in the EC, and they don't want to endanger that. They are below .500, but they play better at home with a 16-13 record. The Cavs have played very well for the most part on the road. They have a 17-13 record so far away from RMFH.

2.) - The Cavs roster, top to bottom is simply better than the Hawks. It looks like Markkanen may be back tonight, which will help. It would be a major step forward in confidence of this season and growth of this team to simply take care of our own business - what we SHOULD take care of.

3.) - God forbid, the Hawks upset us tonight. That would be two bad losses to close before the extended All Star break. That scenario can easily get in our guys heads and linger well past the break. We do NOT need this team to start leaking oil down the stretch. Nothing cleanses the soul and mind like a good win - so let's jet out of Hartsfield with good thoughts between our ears.

This is my opinion, take it how you want. The 76ers game was the best thing to happen to this team this year. (Rondo trade being a close 2nd.)We  started slow then collapsed in the 4th in that game. They have already came out and said this is a playoff atmosphere and thankfully for us this wasn’t a playoff game. You need a hungry team to send you a message. We are so young that it’s only gonna benefit us. I can remember when the warriors were up and coming and would get rocked some games before they exploded. Chances are this ain’t the year. But high chances are that this team is gonna continue to grow and we will be there.  We are easily the surprise of the year. The core is in place and we don’t even know what to do with sexton yet. We have 2 Allstars. KD wanted to trade bron for garland….. lol If JB doesn’t win coach of the year the NBA is rigged. 😉 if Mobley doesn’t win ROTY do we even watch? Playoffs are inevitable. We are closer to 40 wins then being out. (Knock on wood) but this team doesn’t have a must win game until playoffs. Take the lumps now and let the team grow.

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mobleys development will determine if we win a title in the near future.

Garland looks like a Kyrie “Robin” type of player. Allen looks like a fantastic #3 guy.

We need Evan to reach his ceiling (whatever that is).

KG didn't reach his ceiling until 3rd, 4th year.

Mobley is way ahead of KG in terms of his development.

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wish garland was more selfish. He had zero offensive weakness aside from not being aggressive enough. He should be taking a lot more shots.

I’d take him over Trae Young. Young pounds the ball and jacks up 3’s.

Jarrett Allen has been dog **** defensively tonight 

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Trae Young will never win a title. I’ve seen this show with Harden and it never ends well.

I wish garland would add aspects of traes game. Garland can do everything offensively but he needs to get to the FT line more. Trae had 13FTA garland had 2. If you gotta flop do it. That’s just how the game is now. 

• Like 1