Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

the fan base always watches when the product is worth watching. The last 2 seasons they werent really worth watching. This year they are.

We have seen it with the Indians, where they some of the best tv rating in all of MLB and the Browns are well watched as well

Yeah, if you give us a product worth watching, we watch.

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Is it fair to say Zion will be a bust?

His injuries, total disregard for his weight, and attitude are all I need to see to know his future.

He gives me major Andrew Bynum vibes.

Too early. He’s gonna have to miss a lot more time to be considered a bust. He’s one of the best players in the league and averaged 27ppg last year. Gonna take more than one year of being out to be a bust. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Too early. He’s gonna have to miss a lot more time to be considered a bust. He’s one of the best players in the league and averaged 27ppg last year. Gonna take more than one year of being out to be a bust. 

Agreed.

Maybe inching toward a Greg Oden comparison where it’s clear he can play at the NBA level, but is he gonna be able to stay healthy enough?

Still not even there though tbh.

On 2/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, candyman93 said:

Is it fair to say Zion will be a bust?

His injuries, total disregard for his weight, and attitude are all I need to see to know his future.

He gives me major Andrew Bynum vibes.

He definitely has a chance to end up a bust if he doesn't shape up and take his career seriously. Would be a major shame considering how good he already is. Most of his flaws are completely controllable too. 

I think its safe to say its a near lock to consider him a disappointment. I think his chance of becoming a top 20 all time player is essentially zero and think theres at least a decent chance he flames out/isn't in the league in 6 seasons. 

Like if you had to redraft where are you taking him? Id probably go third behind Ja and Garland who I am at least certain have all NBA teams in their future and can be major pieces of a contender. 

If he does get it under control no reason he can be an Embiid like guy recovering from injury. But Embiid was always so driven...

Very interesting. Its a disservice to bball because he has one of hte most fun games and athletic profiles ever. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think Gilbert’s pride will let him do that. He really wants to win without him. 

I think that’s an assumption. 

he’ll have plenty of time to win one without Bron. But 1-2 more years with Bron on this team could get crazy.  Imagine how much money that’d bring in.