Hard Knocks / Training Camp

bucsfan333

ESPN Bucs reporter Jenna Laine believes rookie TE O.J. Howard's early contributions will primarily come as a blocker.

Laine expects the Bucs to "leave" the pass catching duties "to Cameron Brate for now." Howard's run blocking has reportedly made "a noticeable difference" for the offense in camp, but he has struggled to hold onto the ball.

50 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

ESPN Bucs reporter Jenna Laine believes rookie TE O.J. Howard's early contributions will primarily come as a blocker.

Laine expects the Bucs to "leave" the pass catching duties "to Cameron Brate for now." Howard's run blocking has reportedly made "a noticeable difference" for the offense in camp, but he has struggled to hold onto the ball.

He's had a few days of the drops. And Brate has been Mr. Consistent. So it makes sense.

Man I loved how Winston got on the O-line guys regardless of it being the 3rd quarter of a pre-season game..

*Winston sees the O-line joking and laughing and messing around on the sideline right after Griffin got hurt* "You guys having fun? You know Griffin got hurt, but you guys keep on having fun"

(telling this to the 0-linemen who were pass blocking for Ryan Griffin on the play that he got hurt)

On 8/15/2017 at 8:54 AM, bucsfan333 said:

Benenoch has had a great couple days of practice. He's been having a great camp all around. He's gotta be the favorite to win the swing tackle spot. And he'll probably supplant Dotson next year.

That's nice and all but he has to perform where it matters. He was terrible the first game but I hope he can step up and play better here on out.

I would say he has a legit shot to start while Dougie's suspended. Everyone important seems to be high on him and he's been our most impressive RB through two games. If he can show something this week against Cleveland, and Quizz struggles, he should absolutely start.

On 2017-08-19 at 5:02 PM, bucsfan333 said:

I would say he has a legit shot to start while Dougie's suspended. Everyone important seems to be high on him and he's been our most impressive RB through two games. If he can show something this week against Cleveland, and Quizz struggles, he should absolutely start.

I'm cheering for the guy. 

14 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

I'm cheering for the guy. 

idk

maybe im pessimistic , but i swear we always have RBs that have good potential and then nothing happens ala Mike smith, bobby rainey both rushed for 150 plus yards in a couple regular season games and what the heck ever happened to them??

if it were me , id trade a late pick for a proven vet guy, maybe like a 4th or 5th for Cincy backs Jeremy Hill or Bernard since Mixon is getting so much hype  or like a 7th for Kansas city back West since he's started before, any of those would be better than Quizz/Sims/AND Barber

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

if it were me , id trade a late pick for a proven vet guy, maybe like a 4th or 5th for Cincy backs Jeremy Hill or Bernard since Mixon is getting so much hype  or like a 7th for Kansas city back West since he's started before, any of those would be better than Quizz/Sims/AND Barber

I'm the opposite. I'd rather see what we have. Barber and McNichols have a lot of potential, and Quizz and Sims have shown that they're more than capable backs. 

We've just gotta get through the first three weeks anyway. Dougie has something to prove this year. And historically, that's been good news for us.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm the opposite. I'd rather see what we have. Barber and McNichols have a lot of potential, and Quizz and Sims have shown that they're more than capable backs.

McNichols we have to keep at least for this year to see what hes got, or else we've wasted a pick, i really do think he has potential

As far as the bolded^^^ Sims hasnt shown much of anything in my eyes we had 1 good year where he had 500 yards rushing and 500 receiving , and so far thats been the anomaly hes been basically hurt since hes been in the league and Quizz never did more than he did last year , ever and hes like 30 somthing if im not wrong. Both those guys have basically reached their pinnacle. Personally id trade sims for whatever i could get and cut QUizz when Martin gets back and let Barber run the show if Martin got hurt because Barber has the most potential out of Quizz and Sims

Archived