Sam Mills D-Line Coach Fired

ARTMONK HOF

9 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Well at least someone is being held accountable, although frankly I would fire JDR.

The big question is why did Rivera wait until 30 days before the start of season?

Who is taking over?  Kerrigan?

Seems like no coincidence he was in. Sapp? Although I doubt he would leave his job. 

Better late than never Rivera recognizing issues, although Mills isn't fully to blame for Young's underperforming either. 

• Like 3

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Seems like no coincidence he was in. Sapp? Although I doubt he would leave his job. 

Better late than never Rivera recognizing issues, although Mills isn't fully to blame for Young's underperforming either. 

You are right.  Better late than never.  This is just Rivera's style.  He eventually makes a move.  It is like the Kicker debacle.  Let's hope this new guy isn't the coach version of Blewitt.

I am with you.  Personally I think JDR is to blame for young.  My theory is that the first season they didn't have a real offseason and so JDR couldn't overcomplicate his scheme and everyone just played and balled out.  Then last year JDR tried to implement his super complicated scheme and all the players were lost from the front to the back.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This should have happened in January.  

Buckle in boys, this is going to be one heck of a season.  

That’s what I was thinking. Better late than never but Mills & the DL weren’t getting along, they underperformed most of the year last year. This move should’ve need made after last season. Now Rivera has wasted almost the entire offseason having Mills around.

15 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Young ...is to blame for Young. Yapping about he and Sweat setting the sack record. Pride goeth before Destruction .

While true, it’s clear that Mills was not making the DL better & that’s what coaches are supposed to do. 

JDR has REALLY been laying low since he had to apologize for his "Dust-up" remark. I really wonder his view on this ? Did he possibly initiate it? Or at least give it his blessing ? Was Zgonina his choice at the replacement . Surely he had some influence / say in the this change .

Edited by RSkinGM