Best WRs amongst this Elite Group Amongst the 2010s/2020s

mdonnelly21

Best WR Amongst This Group   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Best WR During Prime (Newer WRs just use their best years so far)

• Michael Thomas
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Brandon Marshall
    • Dez Bryant
    • Demaryius Thomas
    • A.J Green
    • Odell Beckham Jr.
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • Roddy White
    • DeVante Adams
    • T.Y. Hilton
    • Tyreek Hill

Davante has 4307 and 42 counting 18, 19, 21

Dez had 3935 yards and 41 TDs 12-14

Hopkins, D Thomas, Marshall, Nelson, and OBJ are close on yards to Adams (Hopkins and Thomas ahead a bit) and in that mid 30s range for TDs.

Its probably much closer adjusting for era and looking at ypc and ypt.

M Thomas and Hilton probably did not score enough.

Its a good list.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Davante has 4307 and 42 counting 18, 19, 21

Dez had 3935 yards and 41 TDs 12-14

Hopkins, D Thomas, Marshall, Nelson, and OBJ are close on yards to Adams (Hopkins and Thomas ahead a bit) and in that mid 30s range for TDs.

Its probably much closer adjusting for era and looking at ypc and ypt.

M Thomas and Hilton probably did not score enough.

Its a good list.

Do you think its safe to say that DA is getting the benefit of the doubt of recency bias? I supposed DA is your #1 out of this group though? 

21 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Do you think its safe to say that DA is getting the benefit of the doubt of recency bias? I supposed DA is your #1 out of this group though? 

He has 2 things going for him.

1 - His numbers were insane in the recent pass happy NFL.

2 - He is the current king of getting wide open. I don't know how he does it but he just does. His quickness must be off the charts.

Like I said if you adjust for era (like average TD passes and yards then what percent yo assign to WRs overall you could set up a scale but that's a lot of work. I just know they are all close except for the very low TD guys.  M Thomas and Hilton were great players but they just did not score on the levels of these guys.

If you took Julio you would only get 22TDs but you'd also get 5141 yards (800-1000 over anyone else here) so there is more offset there.

I'd still take Davante but I can see the other side.

• 5 weeks later...

Kinda torn between Hopkins as such a complete receiver an basically "easy out" for QBs in his prime.  Like he was just automatic, and QB-proof.  But also Brandon Marshall getting no respect here.  He was powerful as heck in his prime.  Though so was AJ Green, who was also a lot more well-rounded as a receiver.  A real three-way deliberation for me.

Devante Adams is, and always has been overrated as far as i'm concerned.  He started to round into a better actual WR...but a huge part of his reputation is contingent on AARon's willingness to just toss it up there and maybe get a TD.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is weird to me how Tyreek Hill never really gets any consideration in any form of "Best WR" thread.  I used to think, "well damn, people really hold having Mahomes against him."  But he's averaging over 119 YPG this year, which he obviously won't sustain but still. 

I really don't think I would take any guy on that list over him.  Especially when you consider his work in the postseason... 13 games, 84 receptions, 1081 yards, 5 TDs.  And one of the best postseason plays you will ever see. The only other player on that list making a play like that is prime Odell... shame what happened to him.  D. Thomas and Bryant were YAC monsters too, but not quite like Hill or (2-year prime) Odell.  At least in my opinion. 

Roddy White is criminally underrated for his career. That being said, I had to vote Nuk Hopkins. BTW,

Roddy White's best stretch was from 2007 to 2012. He averaged 94 catches for 1300 yards and 8 TD's/year. That's nothing to sneeze at. And honestly, it's one of the best 5 years stretches for any receiver in NFL history. (like top 20). But I get why no one will bang the table for him for the HOF.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Roddy White is criminally underrated for his career. That being said, I had to vote Nuk Hopkins. BTW,

Roddy White's best stretch was from 2007 to 2012. He averaged 94 catches for 1300 yards and 8 TD's/year. That's nothing to sneeze at. And honestly, it's one of the best 5 years stretches for any receiver in NFL history. (like top 20). But I get why no one will bang the table for him for the HOF.

Meh. It’s impressive, but hardly even stands out for the 2010s.

MT (4 years): 118-1378-8.

Jordy (5 years, including one where he missed half the season): 79-1220-11.

Marshall (5 years): 97-1230-8.

Dez (4 years): 84-1216-13

DT (5 years): 98-1374-9

AJ (5 years): 83-1234-9

OBJ (5 years, including a season where he missed 12 games): 78-1095-9

Hopkins (6 years): 103-1333-9

Adams (4 years): 108-1328-12

Hill (5 years): 84-1207-10

TY (5 years): 75-1231-6

AB (5 years): 116-1570-10

Julio (6 years): 104-1565-6

Megatron (6 years): 90-1425-10

Evans (5 years): 79-1242-7

Welker (6 years): 112-1243-6

Allen (5 years): 102-1184-6

Diggs (4 years): 99-1228-8

And that’s without the heavy hitters of the 2000s - Moss, Owens, AJ, Steve Smith, Fitz, etc.

• Like 1