Raiders trade QB Nick Mullens to Vikings for conditional 7th

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure he's better than both Minnesota's backups, tbh (Mannion and Mond). 

Yes, it’s becoming painfully obvious that Mond doesn’t deserve a backup QB spot. Maybe he lands on as a practice squad guy but he’s so bad right now. Mannion is basically an extra QB coach, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s around in that capacity. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

This feels like a pretty strong indictment on Kellen Mond's development.  At least at this point, the QB room for Minnesota is clear.  Kirk is QB1, Mullens is QB2, and Mond is QB3.

Wouldn’t count on Mond being a sure thing. Maybe as a practice squad arm, honestly would rather have Mannion in that capacity though.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Wouldn’t count on Mond being a sure thing. Maybe as a practice squad arm, honestly would rather have Mannion in that capacity though.

I feel like I've been pretty vocal that I'm not a Mond fan by any means.  Probably the exact opposite tbh.  But if you're rostering 3 QBs, one of them NEEDS to be an upside play.  You're not rostering 3 QBs with no upside.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I feel like I've been pretty vocal that I'm not a Mond fan by any means.  Probably the exact opposite tbh.  But if you're rostering 3 QBs, one of them NEEDS to be an upside play.  You're not rostering 3 QBs with no upside.

Think it’s clear Mond doesn’t have any either so I’m more inclined to make a move that improves the QB room outside of game day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

This feels like a pretty strong indictment on Kellen Mond's development.  At least at this point, the QB room for Minnesota is clear.  Kirk is QB1, Mullens is QB2, and Mond is QB3.

Mond should be on the practice squad at this point.

He's physically like Colin Kaepernick but much worse.

Edited by SteelKing728

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Mond should be on the practice squad at this point.

He's physically like Colin Kaepernick but much worse.

It wasn't very professional of Zimmer, but when your head coach publicly says you suck that's a very bad sign.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, biggie. said:

It wasn't very professional of Zimmer, but when your head coach publicly says you suck that's a very bad sign.

Tooo be faiiiiir, Zim didn't say he sucked. He said he didn't need to get a look at him in the season finale because he sees him every day in practice (passing up open reads to scramble around with the ball and throw it up for grabs). 

Mond cannot run the offense at this point. We don't know yet if he physically can be a success in the NFL because at this point he won't (or can't) call a play and execute it by making his reads. If he spends this entire year learning the offense and convincing himself to rip it when he sees an open receiver, he might have hope. If he shows up next season unable or unwilling to execute the playbook then his career will be over.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Probably so.  But rostering 3 QBs with limited upside seems dumb.

Don’t think upside matters at this stage, especially if you can’t execute. Maybe next year a QB with upside will be a priority, just struggling on seeing why it matters from the eyes of the current regime inheriting a QB that the previous regime didn’t seem all that interested in. A mess is probably the best word to describe it but at least it was just a third round pick wasted. 

Edited by vikingsrule