49ers sign S Tashaun Gipson

TheKillerNacho

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34441292/san-francisco-49ers-add-safety-tashaun-gipson-jimmie-ward-injury

With Jimmie Ward's injury, the 49ers needed Safety help. Gipson, the journeyman most recently with the Bears, has started in the majority of games with the team he was on for every season since his rookie year in 2012 (for 132 total), with 27 career interceptions.

24 minutes ago, braylon said:

I always loved Gipson on the Browns, he was one of my favorites. He was also a damn good player. No idea how he is now though at age 32.. have a feeling he's a shell of the player he once was though lol.

That is my guess as well. I think he's probably a guy that ends up as one of the Vets on the practice squad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 8:43 PM, braylon said:

I always loved Gipson on the Browns, he was one of my favorites. He was also a damn good player. No idea how he is now though at age 32.. have a feeling he's a shell of the player he once was though lol.

I'll never forget Gipson for how integral he was to that Jaguars defense for one year.  He was so good at that point.  But the other couple years too, just allowed everyone else to operate smoothly in a really impressive way.  Hated when we cut him.

It's been a lot of years since then though.  So...mileage may vary.

• Like 2