College Football Week 1 Thread: HERE WE (REALLY) GO!

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I said last year I had no idea of UGA was good because I never watched them because they were always up by 30. So like, that's going to happen again

UGA is great again. Question is how good Stetson is. Bama beats them in the NCG if they have Jameson for the entire game and Metchie imo. It's hard to win it all when you don't have a great QB. Can Stetson be a great QB? We'll see.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He goofed up earlier and tried to bail too quickly on the pocket. Ran himself into a sack . . . until he broke multiple tackles in the back field. He's just an insane talent. There's still inconsistencies in seeing the field and timing, but he's a young, inexperienced QB. That's to be expected. Hopefully, he keeps it up. He can be such an equalizer.

Yep . Exactly what he is. It's all there physically. He seems to have that, IDK, alpha **** a bit. I hate using terms like that but I feel like it's there. But it runs him into stupid crap too. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

UGA is great again. Question is how good Stetson is. Bama beats them in the NCG if they have Jameson for the entire game and Metchie imo. It's hard to win it all when you don't have a great QB. Can Stetson be a great QB? We'll see.

And if Michigan can get legit QB play, that OL is even better than last year, could be a real matchup if they can actually have representative QB play themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

He goofed up earlier and tried to bail too quickly on the pocket. Ran himself into a sack . . . until he broke multiple tackles in the back field. He's just an insane talent. There's still inconsistencies in seeing the field and timing, but he's a young, inexperienced QB. That's to be expected. Hopefully, he keeps it up. He can be such an equalizer.

Ive been flipping between that game and the Ohio State ND game so I havent been able to catch everything. I think Ive missed a couple drives.

• Like 1

Sadly, I don’t think so, and we don’t have the great defense that we had last year.  

The schedule is extremely light this year too.  We may get surprised in the SECCG again. 

I'll tell you right now, he's not going to be "great" even by winning college titles standards, but he can still win again. I have no ******* idea who UGA has though. Lots some dudes and they reload, just don't know them. 

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And if Michigan can get legit QB play, that OL is even better than last year, could be a real matchup if they can actually have representative QB play themselves.

I have trouble trusting the Harbawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Yep . Exactly what he is. It's all there physically. He seems to have that, IDK, alpha **** a bit. I using terms like that but I feel like it's there. But it runs him into stupid crap too. 

He is certainly confident. And unlike Emory, he's already showing flashes of throwing with anticipation. Mullen refusing to start AR until the UGA game was such malpractice. Glad he was fired.

• Like 1