Ravens to sign RB Kenyan Drake

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

How many running backs do they need?

Gus Edwards is on PUP

JK Dobbins is still working his way back and just started practicing like a week ago

Our only other competent RB is Mike Davis, then we have Justice Hill, Nate McCrary and Tyler Badie - 2 of which will likely be cut.

I would bet going into the season we have Dobbins / Drake / Davis / Badie. Once Edwards clears PUP we release Mike Davis, and likely eventually Drake as well depending on his production.

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Gus Edwards is on PUP

JK Dobbins is still working his way back and just started practicing like a week ago

Our only other competent RB is Mike Davis, then we have Justice Hill, Nate McCrary and Tyler Badie - 2 of which will likely be cut.

I would bet going into the season we have Dobbins / Drake / Davis / Badie. Once Edwards clears PUP we release Mike Davis, and likely eventually Drake as well depending on his production.

So you’re saying it’s a backfield to avoid in fantasy?

47 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As of right now, yes, and I say this as someone who drafted JK Dobbins way too high :(

Ultimately I think you draft Dobbins for fantasy because he'll be the workhorse probably around week 3 onwards.

Even then, he’ll likely see a reduced load until he fully gets his legs back under him. Joey B didn’t start turning it around until about week 10-11 last year, and he’s no running back.

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Even then, he’ll likely see a reduced load until he fully gets his legs back under him. Joey B didn’t start turning it around until about week 10-11 last year, and he’s no running back.

Yeah we'll see. It's certainly shaping up to be another nightmare fantasy year for Ravens RB's