Around the NFL - Week 1

DaBoys

11 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

He was great on TV. I also think he'd crush it in the Front Office.

Ditto. Other than his complete flop pushing for Felix Jones over Mendenhall or CJ2K (because felix was "A special"  as JG clearly said on Hard Knocks), Garrett had a keen eye for talent and played a huge part in rebuilding that overpaid medicrity that was the post Parcells era squad into the one that probably should have made a SB appearance short of that Dez catch/no catch situation. He should have certainly been brought in as an assistant scouting director at the least.

Er.. But yes, my point was also as you said. He was good on TV. Good analysis and thoughtful statements. Didnt just roll with popular opinion or seem like he was forcing himself to explain anything with the overemphasized "Becaaauuussseee", statements that plague these new studio panel analysts, as if the director is in their earpiece saying that very same "because" to get them to elaborate on something they said just to fill time.

I cant watch pre and post game shows anymore with all this turnover. The ESPN crew in 2003 to. Idk. 2008? Was really good. With Ditka. Berman. Etc. They were really really good with Keyshawn later on, too. The fox crew was always reliable, also. 

But all the new additions and subtractions make these shows unwatchable, to me anyway. But JG might just bring me back to watching Football Night In America, at the least.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

If I was a Broncos fan, I’d be FURIOUS with Hackett right now. Talk about p!ss poor clock management while pulling a Jason Garrett and playing for a stupid, low percentage field goal rather than keeping the ball in your QB’s hands and playing to win.

Not to mention his terrible red zone play calling.