Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

5 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I hope AJ has a moment tomorrow. He works his tail off and has earned this opportunity. 

worst personnel decision in franchise history 

I disagree I’m sorry I’ll never understand why we let Albert Hayensworth walk after a 13-3 season when he arguably was the best defensive player in football 2 yrs in a row. All the titans had to do was pay the man but incentives in the contract, like playing weight requirements, commitment to offseason workouts. Yea I know it turned out ugly on Washington part but he admitted to it being, they changed the defense to a 3-4 when he specifically told them he wants to play in a 4-4 so he can dominate. & Shannahan was an ******* to him so he tried to force he way out. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

I disagree I’m sorry I’ll never understand why we let Albert Hayensworth walk after a 13-3 season when he arguably was the best defensive player in football 2 yrs in a row. All the titans had to do was pay the man but incentives in the contract, like playing weight requirements, commitment to offseason workouts. Yea I know it turned out ugly on Washington part but he admitted to it being, they changed the defense to a 3-4 when he specifically told them he wants to play in a 4-4 so he can dominate. & Shannahan was an ******* to him so he tried to force he way out. 

Disagree all you want, Haynesworth only showed up in years where he was in line to get paid

AJ was THAT dude from day 1

Not even in the same stratosphere of players you consider investing top dollar in

And look no further than Alberts first year after getting paid vs AJs first year for getting paid to see which player was right to let go and which was wrong to let go

Edited by deeluxx3

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Disagree all you want, Haynesworth only showed up in years where he was in line to get paid

Not even in the same stratosphere of players you consider investing top dollar in

And look no further than Alberts first year after getting paid vs AJs first year for getting paid to see which player was right to let go and which was wrong to let go

It’s easy to say that after the fact, you can’t blame him for wanting to be great, he said it from the jump every team he met with in FA he was told he’ll play in a 4-3 Washington hired Shanhan & he immediately changed defense to a 3-4 wanting him to play NT. 
& he played well 3 yrs in a row not just his 2 franchise tag seasons, he was suspended for 5 games for stumping on Gurode face. No way in hell dude pose to walkout, it’s funny the season after we left our franchised fell off  for yrs 

12 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think people forget Jevon Kearse. At the time it was really hated that we didn't pay to keep him. 

He went to Philly (oddly enough) and originally looked like he was gonna make us look silly for letting him walk. 

We shall see how it looks years from now. 

But Arthur isn't the teams most debated or questionable move. 

If we're talking worst franchise moves nothing holds a candle to Bud locking Steve out of the facility and releasing him when we could've kept Steve around to mentor VY who was like a father to Vince. Bud knew he wanted VY in that draft and to not have the foresight to keep Steve around during the transition period with VY was one of the worst things he ever did, and it was a terrible look for our organization. We'll never know, but it might have really helped VY long term too. Steve should've been able to retire a Titan and pass the torch to VY during that time, but we royally mismanaged the entire situation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I think people forget Jevon Kearse. At the time it was really hated that we didn't pay to keep him. 

He went to Philly (oddly enough) and originally looked like he was gonna make us look silly for letting him walk. 

I am still of the mindset we have to see it out as well, but idk if we can compare it to Kearse.

AJ literally set the single season record for receiving yards on the Eagles in his first year and is playing in a Super Bowl(he also a big reason they are in it). All while being as healthy as he has ever been.

Sorry, it's really not a good look right now. I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I see him. Everyone can say "get over it, are we still talking about it🙄."  Idc, this **** hurts.

Until our offense has an absolute renaissance, I will hurt inside because of this, and may even then. AJ brought a special juice that we hadn't had in a long time to a sought after position.

Edited by twotonebluenation

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Not quiet kearse stayed hurt if I remember nicknack injuries & his contract yr for us Carlos Hall broke out had like 8 sacks & yea the fans were outraged true we let him walk. But still we let the best defensive player in football walk after a 13-3 season & boy did it showed the effect of how he made our defense 

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

If we're talking worst franchise moves nothing holds a candle to Bud locking Steve out of the facility and releasing him when we could've kept Steve around to mentor VY who was like a father to Vince. Bud knew he wanted VY in that draft and to not have the foresight to keep Steve around during the transition period with VY was one of the worst things he ever did, and it was a terrible look for our organization. We'll never know, but it might have really helped VY long term too. Steve should've been able to retire a Titan and pass the torch to VY during that time, but we royally mismanaged the entire situation. 

That somewhat is true but you have to understand Bud position, Steve was paid a lot of money back then & drafting VY during the no rookie salary cap era takes away a lot of money being used to work with in FA. Keeping McNair then drafting Vince that’s a lot of money tied to 1 position