Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

No need to get younger & explosive only veteran WR I’ll take it available & affordable is Brandon cooks, adds speed knows the offense just has a concussion history 

Cooks was one of the guys I REALLY wanted to trade for this year. But that was only for like half the year and a playoff game. Idk if I want him for years lol. And no Im not big on holding injuries vs guys cause its a tough game. Everyone gets hurt but concussion history scares the crap out of me. Idk all these FA WRs are MEH.. Really like the class in the draft for what we need which is pure of the line speed and this class has a lot

We better just hope Burks and Phillips can get better AND stay HEALTHY lol

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I remember when we lost to the Ravens at home during the covid year, I told a Ravens fan I would not be surprised if they don't pay Jackson.

It looks more and more likely; they will not pay him. 
Ravens gotta know, when some stupid team like the Jaguars overpays a guy, that's the new market. 
Christian Kirk messed up the WR market
and now Watson has jacked up the QB market. 

Its weird to me that people keep saying this considering Christian Kirk played up to the deal the Jags gave him thru year 1

This is just a repeated talking point from last seasons news cycle, and its been proven wrong. 

Edited by Chocolateman78

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Its weird to me that people keep saying this considering Christian Kirk played up to the deal the Jags gave him thru year 1

This is just a repeated talking point from last seasons news cycle, and its been proven wrong. 

Before the wide receivers fought for new deals he was being paid like a top 3-5 wr. 

So in my opinion yeah it was a bad deal and they overpaid for a guy that had no backing to earn that deal outside of flashes. 

Go back and look at the timeline of the WR moved from us, Raiders, Commanders, Dolphins, Seahawks, and Niners. 

I am convinced that deal caused guys to raise their price. Hopkins and Kupp were the highest paid and rightly so. When Kirk surpassed people like Tyreek Hill and expected deals of the new WRs it definitely impacted things. 

It's not a talking point it's a sure enough data point of evidence to me. 

He ended up having a good season so kudos to him. 

But to think of him in the same sentence of Hill or Diggs or Adams is laughable. 

58 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Before the wide receivers fought for new deals he was being paid like a top 3-5 wr. 

So in my opinion yeah it was a bad deal and they overpaid for a guy that had no backing to earn that deal outside of flashes. 

Go back and look at the timeline of the WR moved from us, Raiders, Commanders, Dolphins, Seahawks, and Niners. 

I am convinced that deal caused guys to raise their price. Hopkins and Kupp were the highest paid and rightly so. When Kirk surpassed people like Tyreek Hill and expected deals of the new WRs it definitely impacted things. 

It's not a talking point it's a sure enough data point of evidence to me. 

He ended up having a good season so kudos to him. 

But to think of him in the same sentence of Hill or Diggs or Adams is laughable. 

If you watch Club Shay Shay podcast, Shannon shadow did an interview with Tyreke Hill, & Hill said I kid you not Kirk is a top WR’s in the league, sharpe laughed at him but he kept telling him he’s basically handicapped in Arizona system. 

58 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

If you watch Club Shay Shay podcast, Shannon shadow did an interview with Tyreke Hill, & Hill said I kid you not Kirk is a top WR’s in the league, sharpe laughed at him but he kept telling him he’s basically handicapped in Arizona system. 

Well that's all good. But just saying. Let's say we traded for Jordan Love and then signed him to a $270 million contract or signed Daniel Jones. And give him that deal. Making him one of or the highest paid QB. 

In my mind that's basically what Jags did.  Maybe he balls out and earns it, but can't say it was warranted when signed. 

54 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Jordan love hasn’t played a down of football I understand Daniel Jones 

He's played several downs sir. lol  Started a game played in 10 total. 
Daniel Jones  is a more clear example. But the point remains, paying a guy that "Hasn't" done it is not a successful way to run a team. 
I don't care if the previous system held him back.

When the Bucs signed Shaq Barrett from the Broncos, didn't give him a $80 Million deal because they believed he was handicapped in Denver. They signed him to an 1 year deal. 

If Kirk was held back by his previous team, then you sign him to a deal worthy of his production and if/when he outperforms it he gets the money. 

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He's played several downs sir. lol  Started a game played in 10 total. 
Daniel Jones  is a more clear example. But the point remains, paying a guy that "Hasn't" done it is not a successful way to run a team. 
I don't care if the previous system held him back.

When the Bucs signed Shaq Barrett from the Broncos, didn't give him a $80 Million deal because they believed he was handicapped in Denver. They signed him to an 1 year deal. 

If Kirk was held back by his previous team, then you sign him to a deal worthy of his production and if/when he outperforms it he gets the money. 

Like I said Jordan love ain’t played a down of football started a game 1 game played in spots here & there, now excuse me for not being technical but if I can’t judge your style of play because there isn’t enough football games of you, 🗣You don’t play you sit on the bench. As for Kirk you don’t get it, yes what your saying makes sense coming from your perspective, okay now I want you to think from a business perspective for a sec. 
if you were the jaguars & had your franchise invested in Trevor Lawrence, after his rookie yr wasn’t promising add to the fact their HC was toxic, you have to get your QB weapons by any means because he needs to develop. By the Jaguars being so bad & Lawrence being unproven most big name WR’s or even good WR’s aren’t going to be quick to take the jags up on their offer unless they make it worth their wild. The HC had a plan to help his young QB & that was help at the TE & Slot WR position a QB’s best friend.

When your not an attractive team you overpay. We’ve overpaid for FA & to the jags credit they’re getting a return on their investment 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Like I said Jordan love ain’t played a down of football started a game 1 game played in spots here & there, now excuse me for not being technical but if I can’t judge your style of play because there isn’t enough football games of you, 🗣You don’t play you sit on the bench. As for Kirk you don’t get it, yes what your saying makes sense coming from your perspective, okay now I want you to think from a business perspective for a sec. 
if you were the jaguars & had your franchise invested in Trevor Lawrence, after his rookie yr wasn’t promising add to the fact their HC was toxic, you have to get your QB weapons by any means because he needs to develop. By the Jaguars being so bad & Lawrence being unproven most big name WR’s or even good WR’s aren’t going to be quick to take the jags up on their offer unless they make it worth their wild. The HC had a plan to help his young QB & that was help at the TE & Slot WR position a QB’s best friend.

When your not an attractive team you overpay. We’ve overpaid for FA & to the jags credit they’re getting a return on their investment 

Still doesn't make it smart.

And main point is the contact changed the free agent wide receiver market. He wasn't worth it when he signed. 

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Still doesn't make it smart.

And main point is the contact changed the free agent wide receiver market. He wasn't worth it when he signed. 

I got your point I said from your perspective yes it makes sense, but you have to do it, sometimes over pay for FA yes it makes it smart because what choice do you have, at the end of the day you have to develop a QB win games & put buts in the seat. 

I think Paul George touching on how differently they practice, basicaly being less aggressive to prepare for the season than they used to, can be an avenue to why we are seeing injury issues across these sports. 

Hard training calloused him in preseason to deal with the longevity and toughness of the season. I feel managing of loads and less aggressive pre season training may be hurting players due to inconsistency.