Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

10 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I got your point I said from your perspective yes it makes sense, but you have to do it, sometimes over pay for FA yes it makes it smart because what choice do you have, at the end of the day you have to develop a QB win games & put buts in the seat. 

Yeah I get it. 
I mean I see your point and what you are saying.

I just don't think that justifies overpaying a guy that much. I understand more for someone with a bit more history of production. 
But they made someone like Khalif Raymond Josh Palmer one of the biggest contracts in NFL history. Exaggeration some, but just not good team building to pay a #2 or #3 like an #1 WR. 
Overpay yeah but ugh. that much? 

But back to my main point.  The contract messed up the pay scale for WRs. Guys were going to get paid, but Kirk was not one of them. When he got as much as he did, it made the top guys that much more expensive, when maybe they would have been around what Kirk got. 

21 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Well that's all good. But just saying. Let's say we traded for Jordan Love and then signed him to a $270 million contract or signed Daniel Jones. And give him that deal. Making him one of or the highest paid QB. 

In my mind that's basically what Jags did.  Maybe he balls out and earns it, but can't say it was warranted when signed. 

After that 2021 season, the Jags were pretty much forced to overpay any decent free agents until the team proved they can rise above dumpster fire levels.  I don't blame them for giving Kirk the deal they did.

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not emotionally ready.

It could happen but I take this as they’re trying to see what his value is around the league can he get a 2nd maybe late 1st from a contender. I actually wouldn’t mind trading Henry str8 up for Ramsey. 😫