2023 NFL draft thread

Forge

On 9/24/2022 at 11:35 AM, Forge said:

I don't think he's eligible yet. I think he'sa true sophomore. But future kittle replacement in 24 lol

Unless he tests horrible or we tank next season (yes, he's a true sophmore) I think he will be a top 5 to 10 player.

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I think we are going to take a break from drafting one high and instead we will sign one to a pretty decent money free agent contract

Wouldn't be excited about that tbh. No pending FA that I'd be interested in paying a decent contract, unless I missed someone. 

Whoever it is though, he needs to have speed. 

7 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Wouldn't be excited about that tbh. No pending FA that I'd be interested in paying a decent contract, unless I missed someone. 

Whoever it is though, he needs to have speed. 

Oh, I think that there are a ton of guys that this team may have interest in. It won't stay this way as some will re-sign, but right now I think the free agent class at running back is kind of stacked. 

Saquon Barkley

Kareem Hunt

Rashaad Penny

Alexander Mattison

Josh Jacobs

Miles Sanders

Darrell Henderson

Damien Harris 

Tony Pollard

David Montgomery

Those are probably the "bigger name" guys I could see us having an interest in. Some of them are better football players than fantasy players and since I don't believe that Lance checks down much and we haven't shown a major care on how talented running backs are as a pass catcher, I think guys like Harris and Jacobs are of particular interest. 

I'd want to bring in a guy like Justice Hill if we don't go big game hunting. I think he could be an interesting add. I think he looks quite explosive at times. D'Ernest Johnson isn't fast, but he has shown out extremely well when given the opportunity. I've always been a fan of Myles Gaskin whenever I've seen him given a chance. I guess he's not really that good given how often Miami is interested in replacing him, but he wouldn't be expensive. We could also bring back Mostert. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Pateint behind blockers and not just running up their backs, sees a lane and cuts and goes. He also apparently hit over 22 mph against Arkansas too.

Kyle wants that dude. He has just been trying to do it cheaply. At some point, he's just going to go for broke

• Like 2

Putting aside QB, i'd put our needs as follows (no specific order)

-TE 

-WR (always need one)

-RT

-DE (Only Bosa & Jackson are currently signed long-term)

-DT 

-FS

And of course depth in general gets churned out every year, but we do a good job at filling it out with late rounders/UDFA/bargain bin FA's

If i had to guess, a WR or TE would be our 1st pick. The only obvious need on that list is FS and RT with Gipson/Ward and McGlinchey as FA's. I'd guess we sign those as our FA splash, or re-sign those players

Bosa needs to be extended. Wonder if we'll extend Aiyuk. He's good, but thats a lot of money in the skill positions

Of course, things can change between today and the end of the season. And its going to be interesting navigating this offseason with no picks until the 3rd round 

Edited by 49ersfan