Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't know if talking about explosive plays means he advocates passing up the underneath constantly though

If the HC offensive philosophy revolves around it, that message is delivered to the QB from the start.   Similar to the aversion to INT's.  

I just think those 2 things are linked more than necessary

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

If the HC offensive philosophy revolves around it, that message is delivered to the QB from the start.   Similar to the aversion to INT's.  

I wish MM had correctly delivered the aversion to INT message to Hundley

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

Felt like we ran a different offense with Favre though. Why change?

3 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

I do think resigning Adams is a must though.. his 6 TD's are the most of any WR up for contract after this season.

And he is only 6 yards shy of the yardage leader on that list.... Alshon Jeffery 

Yeah Adams is proving he's legit even without Aaron Rodgers.  He was getting open all day against Baltimores secondary which is no joke plus making yards after the catch.  I was meh about re signing him before this year but I think he'd be worth it.  I would rather have Adams + whoever at this point than Jordy+Cobb+whoever

2 minutes ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

lol @ anyone that thinks Davante is going anywhere after his play this season

I would be surprised if Adams is not playing for GB in 2018,  but the longer it takes to sign Adams to an extension, the price likely keeps going up.

Adams would have many suitors if he hits the open market.

34 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The paranoid in me thinks it's possible he gets away, but this is probably true. 

It’s very possible if he decides to test the market and go for the money. He’s gonna be takin in more dough than any WR not named Alshon this offseason. 

Obviously, resigning Adams comes with a likely Cobb and Jordy cut/restructure

24 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

It’s very possible if he decides to test the market and go for the money. He’s gonna be takin in more dough than any WR not named Alshon this offseason. 

Obviously, resigning Adams comes with a likely Cobb and Jordy cut/restructure

Adams with the Rams could be enticing for him.

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

I would be surprised if Adams is not playing for GB in 2018,  but the longer it takes to sign Adams to an extension, the price likely keeps going up.

Adams would have many suitors if he hits the open market.

I don’t necessarily think so. If Adams knows he’ll have a lot of suitors, he could easily be asking for a price that already factors in the future inflation he expects to occur with the bids. There is no guarantee of saving money now

Just now, TransientTexan said:

I don’t necessarily think so. If Adams knows he’ll have a lot of suitors, he could easily be asking for a price that already factors in the future inflation he expects to occur with the bids. There is no guarantee of saving money now

So the more potential suitors leads to a potentially higher price.

Had Adams been extended 6 weeks ago, his price could have been lower.

33 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So the more potential suitors leads to a potentially higher price.

Had Adams been extended 6 weeks ago, his price could have been lower.

Second part could be true. Or it could be he was betting on himself and maybe even attempting to extend...

tbh resign Davante, sign Sammy Watkins, and ride out the remainder of Jordy's/Cobbs contracts. The cap is going up and the Packers have more than enough space to spend big like that...and it also means they don't have to spend high draft picks to find weapons for #thecomeback

Archived