Winston Groping Incident Under Investigation

kgarrett12486

The thing is this. Just like Florida state in 2012, Uber incident in 2016- only Jamies Winston and the alleged victims know what really happened in each separate event. We will never know unless a tape mysteriously pops up. 

As @ravishingone mentioned, Darby may lose millions if he's lying. But where will the proof of him lying be determined? Again I won't say he is or isn't. But Darby seems to be one of Winston's good pals if he went with him to Arizona in the spring. 

again, Jameis Winston character will be questioned. Two sexual assaults cases. One harassment at FSU with the whole screaming. Crab legs theft. He head butted a player on the field last year at dallas. He started a fight with lattimore when he was playing like crap at New Orleans. Me personally, I think the kid is a punk and let's the emotions get to him way too easily. 

29 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The thing is this. Just like Florida state in 2012, Uber incident in 2016- only Jamies Winston and the alleged victims know what really happened in each separate event. We will never know unless a tape mysteriously pops up. 

As @ravishingone mentioned, Darby may lose millions if he's lying. But where will the proof of him lying be determined? Again I won't say he is or isn't. But Darby seems to be one of Winston's good pals if he went with him to Arizona in the spring. 

again, Jameis Winston character will be questioned. Two sexual assaults cases. One harassment at FSU with the whole screaming. Crab legs theft. He head butted a player on the field last year at dallas. He started a fight with lattimore when he was playing like crap at New Orleans. Me personally, I think the kid is a punk and let's the emotions get to him way too easily. 

You do realize both were in Arizona in support of a charity event for Kurt Warner at the time of this supposed incident.  I understand your bias, but I would hope there would be a little more research then he was just hanging out with his boy in Arizona.  Not writing something couldnt have happened in the car, but I m not sure how on field equates to guilty beyond a reasonable  doubt off the field.  I guess the retired State Supreme Court Justice who ruled in the Code of Conduct was an avid FSU supporter.  Did you ever give any thought that maybe just maybe the Tallahassee police did a  disservice to both Kinsman and Winston?  On one hand, yes he could have gotten away with sexual assault.   On the other hand without a proper investigation he is labeled anyway.  

18 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Well, certainly the league knows who passnger 3 is at this point.  The organization is certainly standing behind Winston publicly even without an official statement.   Basically,  unless something really unexpected turns up in this situation with the longer we get away from Friday the more unlikely the story will change.  The  lawyer right now is grasping at straws hoping the NFL can find something so a potential civil suit can be brought.  I' m not writing Darby couldn't be lying, but he is risking millions of dollars and potential league punishment if he is lying.  I like my friends too, but not that much.

Absolutely. 

If the accusation is that Darby is lying, I think it necessarily follows that he’s actively trying to help his friend cover up a potential sexual assault.

Not saying it’s outside the realms of possibility that that’s the case, but how many people would lie to protect a friend in those circumstances? The vast, vast majority of people are far, far better than that.

46 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Absolutely. 

If the accusation is that Darby is lying, I think it necessarily follows that he’s actively trying to help his friend cover up a potential sexual assault.

Not saying it’s outside the realms of possibility that that’s the case, but how many people would lie to protect a friend in those circumstances? The vast, vast majority of people are far, far better than that.

My question is if both winston and Darby deny being in the front seat, then who's the third guy? Winston's in a world of trouble but he won't give up the name? 

12 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

My question is if both winston and Darby deny being in the front seat, then who's the third guy? Winston's in a world of trouble but he won't give up the name? 

I think they probably both don't want to air that third guy out publically. They'll get the facts straight during the investigation.

8 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

how do you know he hasnt already?  Just because it hasnt been announced through the media, doesnt mean he isnt fully cooperating.  Seems pretty obvious that Winston has been pretty quick reacting to this allegation, he isnt hiding from it.  Doesnt mean he is innocent at this point, but its a stretch to assume he hasnt been fully cooperative because TMZ or Buzzfeed hasnt reported it.

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

how do you know he hasnt already?  Just because it hasnt been announced through the media, doesnt mean he isnt fully cooperating.  Seems pretty obvious that Winston has been pretty quick reacting to this allegation, he isnt hiding from it.  Doesnt mean he is innocent at this point, but its a stretch to assume he hasnt been fully cooperative because TMZ or Buzzfeed hasnt reported it.

Well he did nothing to inform the organization in 2016 either when this occurred. Koetter said he was blindsided by this. 

A man with his resume, he should have informed the Bucs. 

41 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Well he did nothing to inform the organization in 2016 either when this occurred. Koetter said he was blindsided by this. 

well darcie glazer kussowitz is speaking to him on the field before the game I think the organization isnt too upset.  Pretty sure if the Glazers were upset, a family member wouldnt be seen in public chatting with him 48 hours after the news broke.  Your free to believe what you want.

btw, one word about Koetter.  Isnt this the same head coach who didnt see the brawl less then 2 weeks ago along his sideline.  So can we agree Koetter might not always completely transparent in certain situations by recent past history.  Dont get me wrong, I dont blame Koetter for deflecting right now.

17 hours ago, ravishingone said:

You do realize both were in Arizona in support of a charity event for Kurt Warner at the time of this supposed incident.  I understand your bias, but I would hope there would be a little more research then he was just hanging out with his boy in Arizona.  Not writing something couldnt have happened in the car, but I m not sure how on field equates to guilty beyond a reasonable  doubt off the field.  I guess the retired State Supreme Court Justice who ruled in the Code of Conduct was an avid FSU supporter.  Did you ever give any thought that maybe just maybe the Tallahassee police did a  disservice to both Kinsman and Winston?  On one hand, yes he could have gotten away with sexual assault.   On the other hand without a proper investigation he is labeled 

I think the settlement that the FSU accuser got was more in respect of the way FSU handled the allegations rather than because there was the likelihood of guilt. That and so the university could conclude the matter, rather than it continuing to sink money into something that derives it no real benefit.

It could have been a cover up by FSU, but the reasons being suggested for the university’s motivations for doing so are weak in the face of such allegations.

As you rightly point out, FSU dealing with it as poorly as they seemed to could have done Winston a huge disservice. A proper investigation probably gets to a stronger conclusion on guilt or lack of. Equally, the “FSU did a terrible job” chat could be spin from one side to control the narrative.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think it depends on what the voicemail says. If nothing did happen in the Uber and Winston wasn’t told the specific reason why his account was being suspended, I don’t see why he would tell the Bucs about it.

If I was told my Uber account had been suspended for “an incident” committed by “you or another party” and I knew I hadn’t done anything, I probably wouldn’t fight it, or be overly bothered by it. It’s not as if you’re going to be able to prove a negative (ie that nothing happened) to the taxi company anyway.

2 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

I think it depends on what the voicemail says. If nothing did happen in the Uber and Winston wasn’t told the specific reason why his account was being suspended, I don’t see why he would tell the Bucs about it.

If I was told my Uber account had been suspended for “an incident” committed by “you or another party” and I knew I hadn’t done anything, I probably wouldn’t fight it, or be overly bothered by it. It’s not as if you’re going to be able to prove a negative (ie that nothing happened) to the taxi company anyway.

Just listened to Monday joe on joe bucsfan. He made an interesting statement. 

The bucs, first off, invested a lot in his predraft investigation. He was a huge risk. Not only that but at the rookie symposium they tell players to inform their team of any situation they come into off the field so they can jump ahead of it. Right there Jameis did nothing. 

Second, Uber customer service leaving a voicemail: they could have easily stated "you or another person" is just a line they use standardly. When you utilize Uber, it's your account. They don't track how many people there are in the vehicle. 

Right now, it is very ballsy for this woman to make a false accusation, stick to it, lawyer up,  etc only to find out that she made the whole thing up. Lawyers don't take cases either to ruin their own reputations. 

It doesn't look good for winston unless he has solid evidence. 

37 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The burden of proof falls on the accuser, not the accused.

On NFL standards for sexual assault, no. They'll take this as another incident for winston dating back to his college accusations. 

This was actually a good listen from Izbits  he touches base on even potential sponsorship losses if it isn't cleared in Jameis favor  

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/11/diving-jameis-case-realities-fair-bs-koetter-scrutiny-sunday-standouts-film-fails-looking-ahead/

Archived