Winston Groping Incident Under Investigation

kgarrett12486

19 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Court of opinion, people will believe what they want, IMO.  Article 46 gives Goodell the power to suspend without cause.  I m sure more information will be forthcoming.  At this point to suspend Winston and/or Darby for an incident with no other witnesses, audio or visual evidence, a police report, but a complaint to Uber and text messages would be unprecedented.  This is the first case a player is being accused of sexual misconduct and an eye witness is another player saying it is false.  To write, well look what happened to Elliot as a comparison is really missing a lot.

This isn't Winston's first incident. I will have to research but when winston was drafted, it was stated that the league will look into college behavior/history when it comes to sexual misconduct Bc of how serious the league has taken it since well their past history of not taking it seriously. 

7 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

It was in the hunting ground. There was a second girl at FSU that accused him. 

I literally didn’t know there was a second accuser at FSU.

The Hunting Ground was something I chose not to watch, particularly because it presented information that was proven to be false and wasn’t designed to provide a balanced look at the case.

6 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I literally didn’t know there was a second accuser at FSU.

The Hunting Ground was something I chose not to watch, particularly because it presented information that was proven to be false and wasn’t designed to provide a balanced look at the case.

I watched it, it was a smear campaign against Winston.  If I remember right the "third" girl was just stating that after a consensual sexual encounter with Winston at FSU she sought therapy

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I think we all just need to sit back and wait for passenger 3.  It will happen soon enough because I would like to see both sides of this story first before discussing what should happen next.  Its fair to both the accuser and Winston.

Agreed. Fair or not, this just makes you sick as a Bucs fan who looks to this guy as "face of the franchise." This emotional response that is probably generated in many Bucs fans, male and female, could very well hurt support for this team and that has to be considered by ownership.

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting 

At this moment it looks like ownership has more support for Jameis than our coaches. Other than that thought, I don't really know what to make of this.

I wonder if ownership would consider hiring a GM who said they didn't feel tied to Jameis, especially since he is still on a rookie deal. Just a thought.

9 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

At this moment it looks like ownership has more support for Jameis than our coaches. Other than that thought, I don't really know what to make of this.

I wonder if ownership would consider hiring a GM who said they didn't feel tied to Jameis, especially since he is still on a rookie deal. Just a thought.

Not right now, this is quite a show of support that a female in ownership is publicly showing support for him.  This was a very calculated move by the organization,  IMO.

31 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Not right now, this is quite a show of support that a female in ownership is publicly showing support for him.  This was a very calculated move by the organization,  IMO.

It's kind of like they don't support him enough to put a statement out saying so but want the audience to see they haven't started to distance themselves from him by these allegations alone either. Just a bad situation.

From a football perspective, we still have a handful of games left and we have to see how the team does. From a legal perspective we don't have the full story. 

Certinally not a boring team.. wish it was for winning tho.

13 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

It's kind of like they don't support him enough to put a statement out saying so but want the audience to see they haven't started to distance themselves from him by these allegations alone either. Just a bad situation.

From a football perspective, we still have a handful of games left and we have to see how the team does. From a legal perspective we don't have the full story. 

Certinally not a boring team.. wish it was for winning tho.

IMO, there is nothing legally ahead, she never contacted the police.   Goodell still looms.  Ownerships actions speak louder then released statements.  As long as the story isn't contradicted, there is very little chance a QB is drafted next spring.

33 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Why would you hire a lawyer who lost the last huge case he tried? lol

Did he not get Kinsman a huge settlement from FSU? He managed to get someone who’s story changed multiple times and who lied about being drugged hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Well, certainly the league knows who passnger 3 is at this point.  The organization is certainly standing behind Winston publicly even without an official statement.   Basically,  unless something really unexpected turns up in this situation with the longer we get away from Friday the more unlikely the story will change.  The  lawyer right now is grasping at straws hoping the NFL can find something so a potential civil suit can be brought.  I' m not writing Darby couldn't be lying, but he is risking millions of dollars and potential league punishment if he is lying.  I like my friends too, but not that much.

Archived