LB Dre Greenlaw Signs a Two Year Extension

J-ALL-DAY

I know this was posted yesterday in the GDT but I figured it deserved its own thread. 

We also now get some of the numbers. Greenlaw was once again all over the field yesterday and good. His big issue is his penalties so as long as he is playing in control, he will be fine.

I think this probably means that Al-Shaair will be gone soon. Interesting decision but they have always seemed to be higher on Greenlaw. 

• Like 1

Yes I fully expected him to walk and Azeez to step up. Dre is an extremely frustrating player but his energy and playmaking are undeniable. We are going to need to have a top 3 defense to get anywhere significant this year, so at least he is secure.

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

It says "worth close to 19m over 2 years with 10 million guaranteed" 

Is the tweet wrong? That's what I was going off of 

No, you're correct. 

I have no idea how likely it is that he gets the additional money or not. As far as I know the structure hasn't been released yet. 

If I had to guess, I'd say  he gets a small signing bonus and a guaranteed 2023 salary. So maybe like a 1 year, 9 million dollar deal with a second year option at like 10 

3 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I'm ostensibly reading this as 1 year, 9 million or 1 year 9.5M (for per game roster bonus) as I can't imagine that we cut him before april of next year. That right (that's rough estimate...didn't really do the match, just did some rough figures) 

4.66M SB + 1.435 of his 23 salary already locked in + 3 million of his 23 salary guaranteeing next year? Before april of 24 can basically be cut and save about 6.8 (again, fuzzy math, didn't really sit down and do it)? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm ostensibly reading this as 1 year, 9 million or 1 year 9.5M (for per game roster bonus) as I can't imagine that we cut him before april of next year. That right (that's rough estimate...didn't really do the match, just did some rough figures) 

4.66M SB + 1.435 of his 23 salary already locked in + 3 million of his 23 salary guaranteeing next year? Before april of 24 can basically be cut and save about 6.8 (again, fuzzy math, didn't really sit down and do it)? 

Yeah, they can get out after 2023, same with Mitch's deal.

• Like 1