BDL 2022 Week 3 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Rome Eternals

MD4L

Who Wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2022 at 04:00 AM

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah and guess what? Turns out you don't have to have played the position in "a real game" previously to know how to play!

Not sure the issue, I mean, I can buy that for some changes.  I do think as guys get more athletic, its easier to project them moving in or out, left or right.

I would not want to test out a guy at C though.  Line calls, snapping, and blocking in a new position is different than going from RG to LG or RT to RG.  Also depends on the player.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Not sure the issue, I mean, I can buy that for some changes.  I do think as guys get more athletic, its easier to project them moving in or out, left or right.

I would not want to test out a guy at C though.  Line calls, snapping, and blocking in a new position is different than going from RG to LG or RT to RG.  Also depends on the player.

The issue is that Hainsey had never played center before the start of the season, yet somehow snapping in practice miraculously translated to being able to do so in a game

Just now, Blue said:

The issue is that Hainsey had never played center before the start of the season, yet somehow snapping in practice miraculously translated to being able to do so in a game

He also practiced it for an entire year and learned behind an all-pro snapping to Brady.

I know Zion played some C at the senior bowl, so I dont think he'd **** his pants every play, but i would expect some hiccups in a real game.

Based upon this week's production at key positions, I have Berlin winning this one. Matt Ryan didn't suck, Herbert did, and I don't see a RB on Rome's roster who is capable of doing much to make up for that. From a defensive scheme point of view, I don't think that the scheme and matchup is very advantageous for Rome, and I think Berlin is able to exploit things given the 3+ WR set usage.

Give me Berlin in a very close one.

39 minutes ago, Jlash said:

How much do you weigh this when voting?

Substantially in a vacuum where I feel as though the gameplans are even. I believe IRL production matters. I give the slight edge on gameplanning to Berlin and with this week’s gameplay added on, that’s how I balance it.