Week 4: Patriots @ Packers (4:25 ET on CBS) - PG: Packers WIN 27-24 in OT; Move to 3-1!

FAH1223

10 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Still feeling neurotic. Just feels like one of those "play down to their competition" games, and we'll end up making the Pats look like they've got their [BLEEP] together. 16-14 NE.

They'll give up TD or FG on the opening drive on about 10 plays as they often do, and then settle in. Offense will go through a stretch of lulls where they do nothing for a quarter or so and keep the Pats within 10 points for far too long before finally putting them away in the 4th

aka the Packers usual script

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

They'll give up TD or FG on the opening drive on about 10 plays as they often do, and then settle in. Offense will go through a stretch of lulls where they do nothing for a quarter or so and keep the Pats within 10 points for far too long before finally putting them away in the 4th

aka the Packers usual script

I thought the Packers usual script is give up the long drive, score like 20 some points and hold the lead the rest of the game but win by 10 after not scoring after 10 minutes left in the 3rd.

4 hours ago, Donzo said:

I was 95% confident when the day started. After having breakfast and chatting with some cool Patriot fans, my confidence is down.

One of MLF’s biggest issues is adjustments. He either makes no adjustments and keeps pounding square pegs into round holes, or ineffective adjustments… The OL gets blown-up the last two playoff games, MLF keeps running the same sets; Love gets blitzed off the field in KC; MLF does nothing; Jefferson runs completely free week one; MLF plays the same D from start to finish, etc.

This week MLF is going against the master of game planning and adjustments. I imagine Belichick will take away the running game and short passing lanes. If MLF keeps running his plays into that it’ll be another long day for the offense. Belichick will also probably feature a heavy running game. If the Packers keep running a light box against it, the Pats will have some success.

The counters to what I just laid out are basic NFL coaching 101. So far MLF hasn’t passed that course. He better do it today or the Pack will be in some trouble.

Have fun today!

MLF is in charge of making adjustments on D? Didn’t know that was the job of an offensive HC.

• Like 1