Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

As you squire for me and accumulate this long list (with citations, and cliff notes, mind you), I will bask in the leathery pigskin glow your admittance that Mac Jones > Patrick Mahomes, and FYI I will not be entertaining a single word from you that either A) doesn’t acknowledge this, or B) tries to refute it. Go make my list, don’t miss any.

Are you just bitter that Rodgers is pouting and refuses to throw the ball past 5 yards, as well?

Surely, Rodgers the last few weeks has just been demonstrating next-world-otherwordly QB play that us mere mortals can't understand by throwing to the open guy. It has nothing to do with him being risk averse and more focused on his stats.

Edited by CKSteeler

Just now, CKSteeler said:

some random Aaron Rodgers mumbo jumbo

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I will bask in the leathery pigskin glow your admittance that Mac Jones > Patrick Mahomes, and FYI I will not be entertaining a single word from you that either A) doesn’t acknowledge this, or B) tries to refute it. Go make my list, squire. Don’t miss any.

8 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Surely, Rodgers the last few weeks has just been demonstrating next-world-otherwordly QB play that us mere mortals can't understand by throwing to the open guy. It has nothing to do with him being risk averse and more focused on his stats.

Genuinely an “okay, boomer” moment lol. Not a Packers fan, a Rodgers fan, or anything close to it - and even if I was, I would have no idea what you’re trying to prove lmao. 

Still waiting on my list, squire. You’re never going to get promoted into knighthood at this rate. Perhaps, jester…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

I find it funny that over 1.5 years, Gardner Minshew outplayed the same guy. If it wasn't for draft status and hype, people wouldn't be sitting here looking with a fine tooth comb to find even the slightest bit of progress.

Box score scouting at its finest.

Say you've never seen Gardner Minshew play without saying you've never seen Gardner Minshew play.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Box score scouting at its finest.

Say you've never seen Gardner Minshew play without saying you've never seen Gardner Minshew play.

What advantages did Gardner Minshew have over Trevor Lawrence? Because the numbers were better and, most importantly, he won more games.

I understand full well why Minshew is a back-up. I'm trying to understand why Lawrence is given a free pass by people who are telling me to dismiss his draft position when evaluating him, as if they are doing the same thing.

Lawrence may eventually become the ultimate game manager. He isn't winning anything that matters playing small ball, and the WR excuse is cheap. 

Edited by CKSteeler

13 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I'm trying to understand why Lawrence is given a free pass by people who are telling me to dismiss his draft position when evaluating him, as if they are doing the same thing.

Who is giving Lawrence a free pass or dismissing his draft position?

You brought up the “generational” label some had on him, which I said you can continue to cling to if you want. It’s clear at this point that he needed refinement and coaching.

Doug P is scheming the offense to fit the personnel, which doesn’t involve much vertically due to said lack of personnel. It’s not like Doug is calling a bunch of deep shots and Trevor is just refusing. I’m not sure what’s so hard to understand about that.

Trevor is a young QB who went through the wringer as a rookie and the coach is trying to put him in positions to succeed and build on. Forcing low percentage deep shots consistently when you have no one you can trust to win on those routes makes absolutely no sense. Even with all that said, he’s still not “captain checkdown” unless we’re saying 10-20 yard throws down the field is “checking it down”.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Lawrence wasn't a Captain Checkdown at all. He rarely threw it deep bc the Jags have the same issue as the Giants and have no deep threat, but he aired it out 10+ yards a good number of times. That being said, he missed several throws and does share some blame for the loss.

Nothing I've said is about one game. But there's reasons 20 yards is considered a deep pass in the NFL, and he didn't complete one until 4th and 15. A 4th and 15 that didn't come until after he would have already thrown the game away if not for a bogus hands to the face call on 1st and 10 and a decision to take the ball out of his hands on 3-15.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Nothing I've said is about one game. But there's reasons 20 yards is considered a deep pass in the NFL, and he didn't complete one until 4th and 15. A 4th and 15 that didn't come until after he would have already thrown the game away if not for a bogus hands to the face call on 1st and 10 and a decision to take the ball out of his hands on 3-15.

A pass under 20 yards is not automatically a checkdown! He was slinging the ball to receivers all day past the first down marker, just really inaccurately.

3 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

A pass under 20 yards is not automatically a checkdown! He was slinging the ball to receivers all day past the first down marker, just really inaccurately.

Not sure about really inaccurately here. He had that bad miss on Zay in the end zone. That’s about the only one that sticks in my head (besides that one on the final drive that made no sense).