Chargers LT Rashawn Slater ruptures bicep; Likely out for season

RaidersAreOne

On 9/26/2022 at 10:37 PM, biggie. said:

ChargIRs

It really is absurd. Like from a coaching,  training and organizational standpoint. 

I was never a believer 2017-20 that is was a Doug Pederson and Training staff issue but given the past two years under Sirianni/new Trainers, Sports Science ect....., starting to wonder.

On 9/27/2022 at 6:22 AM, aussie_eagle said:

How does someone rupture their bicep and how does it take months to recover?

If it is a distal biceps tendon rupture ( most likely as that would be season ending).  The muscle contracts with such force ... sudden, unexpected that the tendon tears away from the bone on the elbow end. 

Surgery to repair/ reconnect it and the typical recovery is 6+ months.  First 3 months is slowly restoring elbow motion.  Strength exercises ( more than 5-10 pounds)  aren't started until around 3 months.

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It really is absurd. Like from a coaching,  training and organizational standpoint. 

I was never a believer 2017-20 that is was a Doug Pederson and Training staff issue but given the past two years under Sirianni/new Trainers, Sports Science ect....., starting to wonder.

We overhauled the training staff last year and have a sports science director now. It led to one of our healthiest seasons in 2021. Everything staff wise stayed the same this year 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Xenos said:

We overhauled the training staff last year and have a sports science director now. It led to one of our healthiest seasons in 2021. Everything staff wise stayed the same this year 🤷‍♂️

Curse of the Spanos! Must be a SD thing. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 12:26 PM, Xenos said:

I guess it’s a better option than Storm Norton 🤷‍♂️

I mean… I guess… doesn’t look good and I’m a bit concerned for Herbert playing hurt behind a piecemeal offensive line. I do not want him getting the David Carr treatment in an effort to save Staley and Telesco jobs. 

25 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I'm expecting Salyer to be really bad at LT, maybe not Norton bad, but really really bad.

Why? He played LT for Georgia last year. He shut down Aidan Hutchinson and David Ojabo. Obviously he was projected as a guard because of his lackluster agility, but still. We're playing the Texans, what could go wrong???

...oh wait...

15 hours ago, kramxel said:

And then the guy comes out and completely dominates.... 

Such a crazy situation! 

I love when I’m wrong and someone does well. Also… how bad is the rest of the line when some dude can get signed off his couch and is instantly the highest graded lineman on the team. I didn’t watch the game was he getting a running back chipping every play or something to inflate that graded rate that is cycling around? 

On 10/4/2022 at 1:56 AM, Leoric said:

I love when I’m wrong and someone does well. Also… how bad is the rest of the line when some dude can get signed off his couch and is instantly the highest graded lineman on the team. I didn’t watch the game was he getting a running back chipping every play or something to inflate that graded rate that is cycling around? 

He was definitely getting some help, and the offense was definitely much more focused on quick passing concepts (which in all honesty suits everyone much better, and it really showed, despite we all wanting to see more deep shots), but he was legit. His run blocking and his pass blocking were great, and he was handling everything.

Only remember one snap where he got outright beat.

On 10/3/2022 at 5:56 PM, Leoric said:

Who got signed off his couch