Week 4 GDT Bears vs. Gmen @ 1:00pm EST

Giants4eva

Glad to write this one up. Really angry and frustrated over this past weeks loss to the Cowpukes. Have to have a short memory .. even as a fan LOL. So we go into week 4 back in our own house against the Bears. The Bears, I will be the first to admit, I haven't really focused on them much. But seeing they've got 2 wins against teams with QBs' Trey Lance and Davis Mills doesn't jump out to me as awe inspiring. They got rocked by Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers but i think Rodgers does that to ALOT of teams. This seems to be a team i think we will match up against well. I know we lost to the Cowboys but i truly think it was gutsy game for Daniel Jones. I thought he played his heart out in that one. What im looking for this game is the obvious problems to begin to rectify themselves. That being.. our oline doing a better job. That has to be job number 1 right now. Jones has taken a beating these first 3 games and if it continues he'll be getting taken off the field in a stretcher. Next big thing.. WRs have to get open and get some kind of separation.. plus.. SOMEONE PLEASE GET HEALTHY. Saquon and DJ have been our 2 best players thus far on offense. I can only hope we get something at all out of Golladay or Kadarius grows a pair and doesn't break a fingernail this week to stay on the sidelines. 

Defense has to be a factor in this game. Justin Fields can break out of the backfield for a run at a moments notice. Not too sure if Big Kat is gonna suit up for this one yet, well see. This is one game id love him to be in because i know he can shut down David Montgomery. Justin Fields has faced more pressure than any other qb in the NFL so far this season, so this could be a feasting on him if our defense just plays their game. Only worries i have in this one are Fields ability to scramble and David Montgomerys ability to run at us (assuming Big Kat is sidelined still). I think if we can contain Montgomery (god willing our run defense plays better this week), we make Fields try to beat us with his arm.  I like our chances. 

Giants 17 - Bears 13

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Acgott said:

Bears are very similar to us. All run, no pass. Montgomery left in the first quarter last week and it appears he would be very questionable this week. Khalil Herbert had 157 yards in relief and we always struggle against shifty running backs.

Similar, but also not so similar. The Bears passing rate and passing success is unprecedented in today's NFL. It is historically low/bad. We need to sell out to stop the run. 

Problem is that, on defense, the Bears get home with 4. Our OL is in for another rough week potentially. 

• Like 1

For me this is a must win game if we are to have a decent season this year. The next two games against Packers and Ravens are automatic L's. Hopefully Wink's defense can contain the run then confuse and get to Justin Fields. The performance of our O-line can only get better seeing how bad they were on Monday night.

Giants 19

Bears 16

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

This is a comical situation lol is anyone watching this? Giants forced to run wildcat because they don't have any QBs left 🤣

No, I'm just listening to it. One of those weeks when you don't mind being out of market.

Now Gano misses. Good Lord has this been sloppy.

Thoughts on yesterdays game... 

This one was pretty ugly. But hey ugly is our M.O. for winning. Winning pretty doesn't exist in Giants world. This was a game i felt we could take as long as we played our game and didn't have many mistakes.  Happy for us to be 3-1. Its been a pretty long time since we could cheer and feel good about the future of this team. My thoughts on the offense and defense. 

1- Daniel Jones did once again what he's done the first 4 games, he's given everything he has working within the confines of the talent around him. He is honestly an extra running back out of the backfield with his ability to scramble. Him getting hurt though off that sack is not good. Not good in the least. I find it crazy how he runs around half the game and then drops back on a snap and gets hurt inside the pocket. I don't think he will suit up for the Packers game next week. Just better to let him heal and sit this one out. But again this is a major issue with him. His inability to stay healthy. I honestly hate to put something negative here about him because he's really given us his all but the injuries he seems to get year after year is a very big problem. 

2- Our WRs' are total dogs--t. No separation, no ability to go out and win jump balls, no real speed burner that seems to just win a foot race. They are gonna clean house after this season with that group. Shep is gone. Sorry love ya my dude but he's gone. Matter of fact he needs to hang em up so he can physically walk away from this game. Golladay id get rid of for a sandwich. Slayton is just MIA. Kadarius Toney will injure his eyeball and be out for a month after reading this sentence. Sills and James remains to be seen whether they are worth keeping around. 

3- Oline got banged up, not good. Especially with going to London next week. Neal and Glowinski.. hope they are alright. Did a better job yesterday than last week but not by much. This group needs to come together. 

4- This doesn't even need to be mentioned but Saquon is a superstar. I mean honestly what cant that man do? Yesterday was just another usual day at the office for our teams megastar. Him and Jones are our best players regardless of position on this team. 

The defense.. 

1- Cant really argue with how they played. They held the Bears to 4 field goals and Tae Crowder seemed to be all over the place. Hated to see Love and Robinson both get hurt. I held my breath as well with Jihad Ward whos been one our of better players this season. Too many men getting banged up. 

2- 5 sacks on Fields, very nice. They got their feast. So that was outstanding. Big Dex with 2 to boot. 

Overall nice job by this group. Wink seems to be finding ways to get our guys in good positions to win. Cant really speak much more about how they played. All i can say is next week the secondary and LBs better be aware. Because Aaron Rodgers is looking like Aaron Rodgers again. 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 2

It's too bad Toney can't make it to the field in general. Would've been a cool opportunity to see him and Barkley in the wildcat. That would be pretty dangerous considering how electric each of them are and Toneys ability to throw.

It reminds me of when we had OBJ and he was was a threat to run or throw it to Barkley. They had a few nice plays before the team fell apart.