GDT 9/25/22 Week 4 - Buffalo Bills (2-1) @ Baltimore Ravens (2-1) - 1pm EST

drd23

Just now, M.10.E said:

Dude he ****ing sucked today. Call a spade a spade. Josh Allen had all that happen to him but made plays to win the game. 

The difference was Josh Allen had all that happen to him in the first half. Dudes were dropping passes left and right. He still fought through it and clutched up when his team needed him. Lamar clenched the entire 2nd half and choked.

We can be fans of Lamar and love the guy and also admit that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I explained it a page back.

Basically...

Your defense HAS TO get a stop no matter what you do, right? You have no choice but to rely on them. Okay, so with that information you also know your defense is utter trash and hasn't stopped a nose bleed since the 1st Quarter. So...it's 4th and 3 so you can either take the points and leave Josh Allen 3-ish minutes to drive down the field and need a FG to tie.

Or you can go for the points and if you get it, he's gotta score a touchdown to tie OR you're basically in the same scenario as above, but a FG beats you.

You have Lamar Jackson as your QB and you need 3 yards to score. I go for that every time. The play call was good. Duvernay was open. Lamar choked. It's that simple.

That's just objectively not true. Look at the drive stats. In the second quarter the Ravens forced 2 punts and gave up a TD. In the second half they gave up 1 TD, 1 FG, and forced 1 punt. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The difference was Josh Allen had all that happen to him in the first half. Dudes were dropping passes left and right. He still fought through it and clutched up when his team needed him. Lamar clenched the entire 2nd half and choked.

We can be fans of Lamar and love the guy and also admit that.

Seriously. I love the guy and want him to be our QB until he retires but he sucked today. I don’t get why fans don’t admit it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

That's just objectively not true. Look at the drive stats. In the second quarter the Ravens forced 2 punts and gave up a TD. In the second half they gave up 1 TD, 1 FG, and forced 1 punt. 

I'm completely ignoring the 1st half because it does not matter.

2nd half they scored 23 unanswered points and forced 1 punt on 4 drives. The defense was collapsing and EVERYONE could see it.

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

Missed wide open running lanes. Easy passes. I'd have to look at the stats but has he ever played well in rain? 

He runs it fairly well but he cannot throw at all in bad weather. Had texted my buddy before the game that Lamar kinda sucks in bad weather cause he wanted him in DFS. 

Edited by M.10.E

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm completely ignoring the 1st half because it does not matter.

2nd half they scored 23 unanswered points and forced 1 punt on 4 drives. The defense was collapsing and EVERYONE could see it.

Huh? The Bills scored 13 points in the second half. 

5 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Dude he ****ing sucked today. Call a spade a spade. Josh Allen had all that happen to him but made plays to win the game. 

You are proving my point, thanks. Allen "made plays to win the game" to win the game so he was amazing and jackson sucked all day.

I think it's a bad takeaway from you guys.

This game could have gone either way. I don't think it matters as much as whether Bateman and Hill (hamstring hopefully?) are healthy soon. I still would bet this is a clear playoff team.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You are proving my point, thanks. Allen "made plays to win the game" to win the game so he was amazing and jackson sucked all day.

I think it's a bad takeaway from you guys.

This game could have gone either way. I don't think it matters as much as whether Bateman and Hill (hamstring hopefully?) are healthy soon. I still would bet this is a clear playoff team.

posting this again because you seem to think this is good. 

if any other qb did this you’d be laughing at them. 

Edited by M.10.E

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Huh? The Bills scored 13 points in the second half. 

20* unanswered points. 7 right before half, and then 13 in the 2nd half. Of the last 5 drives, we forced 1 punt and gave up points on all others (if we want to include the last drive of the 1st half).

The point is, going for it on 4th and short is partially because our defense sucks and cannot be relied on to simply hold the Bills to a FG.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

*because I don't think you watched it based on your commentary in the other thread

I watched the whole game. What did I miss?

4 minutes ago, M.10.E said:
posting this again because you seem to think this is good. 

You are positing this because you'd rather be mad than address anything I actually said

Jackson didn't play well in the second half. Made some good runs but that it. Bateman had a 3rd down drop which could have been a big play on a slant. But not a good half from $8. I think he played very well in the 1st half.

Edited by wackywabbit