GDT 9/25/22 Week 4 - Buffalo Bills (2-1) @ Baltimore Ravens (2-1) - 1pm EST

drd23

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

You are positing this because you'd rather be mad than address anything I actually said

What did you say? I said Lamar sucked today. You disagreed. I posted stats that prove my point. 

take off your Lamar homer glasses. He led one normal Td drive all game. 

Edited by M.10.E

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You are proving my point, thanks. Allen "made plays to win the game" to win the game so he was amazing and jackson sucked all day.

I think it's a bad takeaway from you guys.

This game could have gone either way. I don't think it matters as much as whether Bateman and Hill (hamstring hopefully?) are healthy soon. I still would bet this is a clear playoff team.

Losses in this league matter. There are only 17 games. You never know what injuries are going to happen down the line, what teams are going to look like when we play them down the road, etc. 

Really don’t understand or agree with the “eh, this loss doesn’t really matter, we’ll be a playoff team regardless” takes i’ve seen the last two losses. People said that last year and look how that turned out. When you have chances to win games like this you need to win them.

It’s not a forgone conclusion we’re just guaranteed a playoff spot. Especially not with the AFC this year and how we seem to lack any ability to close games on offense or defense.

• Like 1

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Losses in this league matter. There are only 17 games. You never know what injuries are going to happen down the line, what teams are going to look like when we play them down the road, etc. 

Really don’t understand or agree with the “eh, this loss doesn’t really matter, we’ll be a playoff team regardless” takes i’ve seen the last two losses. People said that last year and look how that turned out. When you have chances to win games like this you need to win them.

It’s not a forgone conclusion we’re just guaranteed a playoff spot. Especially not with the AFC this year and how we seem to lack any ability to close games on offense or defense.

You're not a playoff team when you can't beat teams with 20 and 17 point leads. This is not a playoff team unless we're playing in sunny weather with Lamar putting up 40 points.

Come December/January, when the weather gets bad, Lamar has to show up and this defense has to show up. So far, neither has happened. This game falls a lot more on Lamar than the Dolphins game where he was still putting up points in the 2nd half. He really collapsed this game and cost us, but ultimately when you defense just CANNOT get off the field, you stand no chance anyways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Really don’t understand or agree with the “eh, this loss doesn’t really matter, we’ll be a playoff team regardless” takes i’ve seen the last two losses. People said that last year and look how that turned out.

We know how and why that turned out. If the same thing happens, yes we will be out of the playoffs. Otherwise I'm confident we're in. Quote me.

Actually I think we pulled out a crazy amount of early close games last year. 

We know how and why that turned out. If the same thing happens, yes we will be out of the playoffs. Otherwise I'm confident we're in. Quote me.

Actually I think we pulled out a crazy amount of early close games last year. 

Agree to disagree I guess, but the blind confidence that we’re a shoe-in for the playoffs in this conference after what we’ve seen the first 4 weeks is interesting to me. To each their own

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is what I'm saying. He made the right call, we just choked.

This was a stupid call. You scored ZERO points in almost 30 minutes. You have the best kicker in the history of the National Football League and you piss in his mouth yet again with 4 minutes to play. Whether the defense blows it again makes no difference because you took the smart points.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Come December/January, when the weather gets bad, Lamar has to show up and this defense has to show up.

Please look up Lamar's December/Jan regular season record, friend. It's 13-3 in case you don't want to and his best statistical month.

The thing I'm really arguing about is extrapolating a close loss into things like this that for no reason. If we ran the ball for 1 yard on the goal line on the last offensive drive and beat the SB favorite this week that wouldn't mean we are walking to a SB either. It goes both ways.

Edited by wackywabbit

Please look up Lamar's December/Jan regular season record, friend.

The thing I'm really arguing about is extrapolating a close loss into things like this that for no reason. If we ran the ball for 1 yard on the goal line on the last offensive drive and beat the SB favorite this week that wouldn't mean we are walking to a SB either. It goes both ways.

Cold doesn’t equal bad weather. Talking rain and wind

7 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

This was a stupid call. You scored ZERO points in almost 30 minutes. You have the best kicker in the history of the National Football League and you piss in his mouth yet again with 4 minutes to play. Whether the defense blows it again makes no difference because you took the smart points.

we scored zero points because the players couldn't execute, not because Harbaugh made a bad decision. Like he explained and I explained - you gotta rely on your defense anyways so why not try to make their lives easier when all you need is TWO yards with QB1? Lamar choked.

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Please look up Lamar's December/Jan regular season record, friend.

1. If we ran the ball on 4th and goal we probably would've lost 5 yards.
  2. Lamar's win record historically means jack **** right now especially because we don't have a run game to lean on. However, that being said, Lamar is historically very good statistically in December (and pretty mediocre historically in November). So I hope December Lamar shows up and we don't play in many more rainy games :) 
Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Please look up Lamar's December/Jan regular season record, friend. It's 13-3 in case you don't want to and his best statistical month.

Would your tune change if we lost to the Bengals next Sunday night? Not being sarcastic, serious question. Because that’s a very possible outcome. And if we’re in this forum talking about “NBD, just wait till we get to the playoffs boys” and we’re 2-3 with 3 straight home AFC losses...what are we even talking about then.