GDT - Week 4 - Happy Zappe

Hunter2_1

vs GB  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which will be the greater total?

• Packers win margin
    • Patriots points scored

I think this is a very good run defense, best one we may face all season. Obviously we reallllly need to be able to run the ball. So this is not a great start...

Looks like they're very healthy, but I don't think it matters too much if Jaire starts or not. Their secondary won't have a tough assignment this week.

I like that Hoyer will turn the ball over less frequently than we have been, but actually, Jones has the FOURTH HIGHEST AIR YARDS INTENDED of every QB so far this season. Don't let anyone tell you under Mac so far we don't air it out...but Hoyer, with every single second of gametape on him, proves that he is a LOS-10yards kind of QB. GB will have so many bodies around the box. Can ANY WR take some pressure off? Can any TE look like a football player today?

Our secondary is good, will frustrate A-Rod. Aaron Jones could be a problem though.

GB - 21

NE - 13

Oh well.

Auf Gehts, Hoyer!

I don't know if the Packers run defense is anything special, it wasn't the first two weeks. Last week against Tampa they stacked the box and dared Brady to throw because he didn't have any healthy receivers. I look for them to play the same way against the Patriots because they don't believe Hoyer can beat them passing. The Patriots have a better offensive line than the Bucs so I still think they will be able to run to some degree. The Bears ran for 180 yards and averaged 6.7 yards per carry in a game where the Packers dared them to throw. 

To me this game is on the Patriots defense. The Vikings were able to pressure Rodgers. If the Patriots can get to Rodgers, I think the Patriots can win.

1 hour ago, jofos said:

I don't know if the Packers run defense is anything special, it wasn't the first two weeks. Last week against Tampa they stacked the box and dared Brady to throw because he didn't have any healthy receivers. I look for them to play the same way against the Patriots because they don't believe Hoyer can beat them passing. The Patriots have a better offensive line than the Bucs so I still think they will be able to run to some degree. The Bears ran for 180 yards and averaged 6.7 yards per carry in a game where the Packers dared them to throw. 

To me this game is on the Patriots defense. The Vikings were able to pressure Rodgers. If the Patriots can get to Rodgers, I think the Patriots can win.

Lol. Bears got majority of those yards on a fourth quarter drive with the Packers up multiple scores and perfectly content to let them chew up clock. Cute try though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimmage said:
  • Harris & Stevenson both hit 100 total yards 
  • Hunter Henry has more yards today than he's had the entire season 
  • Patriots lose 

That would be an unbelievable hammer-head performance, considering the amount of defenders that will be close. I'd be surprised if we have much more over 100 between them. Just don't see much offense from either team today

2 hours ago, jofos said:

Right, so keeping a team to 2.9 YPC isn't anything special? And the Bears game, they got most of them in garbage time because they refuse to throw.

We'll see today though, we're a good test for their run D. 

1 hour ago, WaitWhat said:

Lol. Bears got majority of those yards on a fourth quarter drive with the Packers up multiple scores and perfectly content to let them chew up clock. Cute try though.

You are correct but Montgomery had 38 yards on the Bears first drive and only touched once on the next four drives. The last two drives he had 89 yards.

25 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Right, so keeping a team to 2.9 YPC isn't anything special? And the Bears game, they got most of them in garbage time because they refuse to throw.

We'll see today though, we're a good test for their run D. 

Keeping a team missing their starting O-line and receivers to 2.9 YPC is different.