2022 GDT Week Five Da 1-3 Steelers Visit the 3-1 Bills

Steeler Hitman

On a game front, Kenny provided the spark.  I think we learned how much of the issues have been bad WR's.  But Kenny hit the open guys, sat in the pocket when he had to, and ran when he had to.  Lack of catching killed his day and almost caused 4 more INT's.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

Det/sea would be the ideal trade partners in a trade down

Det has the rams pick and sea has the den pick...two teams not looking so hot. det/sea could be offering 2 top 15 picks + more

Even if those picks end up in the 15-20 range it's a good trade.  That's prime spot for a S like Jordan Battle.  Coming out of the draft with Paris Johnson/Peter Sotoranski and Jordan Battle would be nice.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Even if those picks end up in the 15-20 range it's a good trade.  That's prime spot for a S like Jordan Battle.  Coming out of the draft with Paris Johnson/Peter Sotoranski and Jordan Battle would be nice.

and that would be just the 1st RD

could grab another high end guy with our 2nd rd pick

Edited by August4th

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think the WR core could use a reliable vet. A Jerricho Cotchery type. maybe go after someone like Robert woods as a FA bargain type signing in the offseason

The following would be out there:

Nelson Agholor (eh), Markin Jones (eh), Julio Jones (pass), AJ Green (pass), Jarvis Landry (wanted him), Jamison Crowder (he won't home), Sammy Watkins (maybe).

Bad year to want one without a surprise cut.

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

and that would be just the 1st RD

could grab another high end guy with our 2nd rd pick

Just having fun with PFF's draft simulator (because I can force us to be #1).

Traded 1 for 3, 27, 2024 1st with Detroit.

Take Bryan Bresee at 3.

Traded 27, 74, 2024 3rd, 2025 3rd for 12 (Minnesota).

Take Paris Johnson Jr at 12.

Take Brian Branch at 42.

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Anyone with a brain knows that Canada won’t be here in 2023….what do we have to lose by firing him tomorrow? Get that guy out of here.

Nothing to lose but not much to gain. To use a Tomlinsism, you aren’t getting a new menu, just picking different dishes. But you aren’t making gourmet off 2buckchuck and our offensive talent is tofu. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

bro..who would of thought the O-line would be number 3 in problems with the offense behind QB play and skill players minus Pickens lol

QB play isn’t even up there. 

Id go:

1 - RB play

2 - WR play

3 - RB play

4 -RB play

5 - OL play 

Just now, August4th said:

bro..who would of thought the O-line would be number 3 in problems with the offense behind QB play and skill players minus Pickens lol

I think we all new QB play could be questionable....but Pickett has been fine.

Skill positions are definitely underwhelming, especially when it consists of several early rd picks.

My New Mock Draft!

1. Paris Johnson Jr. Ohio State OT

2. Henry To'o To'o Alabama ILB

3. Mekhi Garner LSU CB

4. Christopher Smith II Georgia S

7a. Zion Tupuola-Fetui  Washington EDGE

7b.Tim Smith Alabama NT

Edited by DR43

I don’t want this to be a fire Tomlin thing (because I don’t think he should be), but I am genuinely curious:

When is the last time you thought “damn, this team is ready to play?”  Not just emotionally, but game-plan wise too  

For me, the first things that pop to mind come from the Haley era - those Colts/Ravens schlackings. Maybe that Rams game from the Duck/Mason era? 

Just doesn’t feel like we often have the upper hand from a schematic standpoint. A group of Tomlin, Austin, and Flores makes that awfully disappointing. Offense I get, but are we really nothing if superstars can’t make plays on defense?

And this isn’t a knee jerk bills reaction, but we lost the scheme battle to the jets - Minkah even stated as much. The last three times we faced elite offense we have given up 38, 36, and 42. Butt kickings could be a really good thing for us before the bye. 

• Like 1