GDT Week 5 - Cincinnati Bengals (2-2) @ Baltimore Ravens (2-2) - SNF

wackywabbit

7 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Hate to say it…

Yeah. Kyle Hamilton needs to step up and this is the perfect opportunity for him to figure out what he is at the NFL level while Marcus is away. Hamilton has an opportunity to become that top dog in the safety room and build the kind of confidence that will be needed for a hopeful playoff run.

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, that's what I though too. But even a broken wrist is 8 weeks. Should be fine for playoffs is what I care about.

Agreed. I think too many fans have been short sighted. At 17 games the NFL season is absolutely not a sprint. We’ve got time and as long as we can stay above .500 and avoid injuries to Lamar and Tucker, we’ve got a shot.

But if we can have a healthy Stanley, Bateman, Gus, Dobbins, and OL… while returning Bowser after the bye (I doubt Ojabo plays this season) and keeping the secondary healthy/recovered… we could hit a stride at the right time and we’ve shown we have the talent to compete with most any team. We just need to gel.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah. Kyle Hamilton needs to step up and this is the perfect opportunity for him to figure out what he is at the NFL level while Marcus is away. Hamilton has an opportunity to become that top dog in the safety room and build the kind of confidence that will be needed for a hopeful playoff run.

Agreed. I think too many fans have been short sighted. At 17 games the NFL season is absolutely not a sprint. We’ve got time and as long as we can stay above .500 and avoid injuries to Lamar and Tucker, we’ve got a shot.

But if we can have a healthy Stanley, Bateman, Gus, Dobbins, and OL… while returning Bowser after the bye (I doubt Ojabo plays this season) and keeping the secondary healthy/recovered… we could hit a stride at the right time and we’ve shown we have the talent to compete with most any team. We just need to gel.

Agree about Ojabo. I just don't see the point if our LBs get healthy and stay that way. Give him the entire year to get right and come in fresh next season. Better not to risk it. 

Especially with how the team has handled injuries this year. I just don't see them rushing Ojabo back. 

• Like 1

My analysis from tonight:

• Why didn't Faalele back up Stanley? He has been fantastic and Mekari was not that good.
  • Lamar was really bad passing tonight.
  • Mark Andrews was really good receiving tonight.
  • Marcus Peters was EVERYWHERE and was by far our defensive MVP.
  • Patrick Queen continues to be an absolute liability on the field
  • Kyle Hamilton is clearly our like 5th safety, which is...yikes.
  • Defense blew another late game lead and Harbaugh was NOT CORRECT to take the points, we just got lucky because we got the ball back and in the Buffalo game we didn't. If CIN takes more time to score, we're all right back to criticizing Harbaugh again - except RIGHTFULLY SO THIS TIME.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

• Why didn't Faalele back up Stanley? He has been fantastic and Mekari was not that good.
  • Agreed
  • Lamar was really bad passing tonight.
  • Agreed
  • Mark Andrews was really good receiving tonight.
  • Yessir
  • Marcus Peters was EVERYWHERE and was by far our defensive MVP.
  • Absolutely
  • Patrick Queen continues to be an absolute liability on the field
  • He might be a surprise cut next year
  • Kyle Hamilton is clearly our like 5th safety, which is...yikes.
  • Pepperidge farm remembers Kyle Hamilton was supposed to be ED, Lott and Polamalu in one
  • Defense blew another late game lead and Harbaugh was NOT CORRECT to take the points, we just got lucky because we got the ball back and in the Buffalo game we didn't. If CIN takes more time to score, we're all right back to criticizing Harbaugh again - except RIGHTFULLY SO THIS TIME.
  • I agree with this, but it goes back to my point I made when he went for it and missed last time, None of our coaches have a feel of the game. I Felt we should have went for it last night as we had the lead AND drove from like the 2 yard line. As opposed to Buffalo when nothing was going right second half and the offense looked like doo doo butter.

10 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, that's what I though too. But even a broken wrist is 8 weeks. Should be fine for playoffs is what I care about.

Seems like I looked this up wrong and season ending is a real possibility with this type of injury. Hope it's not, but a huge blow if this is. Will need to develop Hamilton quick if it is.

33 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Seems like I looked this up wrong and season ending is a real possibility with this type of injury. Hope it's not, but a huge blow if this is. Will need to develop Hamilton quick if it is.

Hamilton's development can be summed up easily by the fact we're playing Geno Stone over him in the secondary.

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is just an insane evaluation. Faalele was receiving an extra blocker to double team pretty much every passing play. On the deciding play vs. the Bills he got no help and was whupped within .5 seconds, causing Lamar to have to run around and miss Duvernay for the game winning TD.