Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

31st in the NFL in 3rd down conversions allowed per game over these last 3 "dominant weeks" 30th in 3rd down conversion percentage. Our offense is top 5 in both those categories.

I don't know what you guys are watching, there's nothing impressive about this defense. Our offense is staying on the field longer than it has all season, and our defense is getting off the field worse than it has all season. It's shrinking games. 20 points allowed on 10 possessions is impressive, 20 points allowed on 6 possessions? Eh it's alright. We fired Pettine because alright wasn't good enough. Barry, at his best, is alright.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

31st in the NFL in 3rd down conversions allowed per game over these last 3 "dominant weeks" 30th in 3rd down conversion percentage. Our offense is top 5 in both those categories.

I don't know what you guys are watching, there's nothing impressive about this defense. Our offense is staying on the field longer than it has all season, and our defense is getting off the field worse than it has all season. It's shrinking games. 20 points allowed on 10 possessions is impressive, 20 points allowed on 6 possessions? Eh it's alright. We fired Pettine because alright wasn't good enough. Barry, at his best, is alright.

The simple reality is Barry's contract is up and we'd be flat out dumb to not try to go after a bigger fish. If the market isn't there, then Matt can come back to his buddy. It's not like Barry's gonna be piling up offers. If he miraculously gets a DC offer elsewhere or takes a positional job somewhere else? Well, we lost nothing of consequence that can't be replaced anyways.

Bending over backwards to defend a coordinator like Barry is just next level.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

DVOA accounts for this

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I also don't need someone who blindly defends him because he was nice to him telling me he's a good DC. 

I'm not defending him per se. I'm fighting the idea you have a bigger bias towards him than I do. And I don't really actually care whether he was nice to me or not. 

Your analysis is devoid of context and you repeatedly quote meaningless statistics while ignoring the most important ones.

You sir are the blind one here!

Long live the Queen

6 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm not defending him per se. I'm fighting the idea you have a bigger bias towards him than I do. And I don't really actually care whether he was nice to me or not. 

Your analysis is devoid of context and you repeatedly quote meaningless statistics while ignoring the most important ones.

You sir are the blind one here!

Long live the Queen

1) She's dead and good riddance

2) It's nowhere near devoid of context lol. You've literally quoted one god damn stat the entire day without meaningful context. PPGZ! How in the ******* world is YPC and 3rd down% meaningless? Just because you deem it? 

Points per game allowed relies on so many damn factors in a bend but don't break scheme. If you don't get those factors on a weekly basis in this scheme, it's a putrid scheme. 

What in the actual **** are you guys watching when you watch the Green Bay Packers because it's not the defense, that's for certain.

Edited by beekay414

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You know you're out of rational arguments when you result to making it personal.

I'm out of patience. It's a circular argument at this point and neither side is going to budge. But get the last word in that you so desperately need to do every time. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm out of patience. It's a circular argument at this point and neither side is going to budge. But get the last word in that you so desperately need to do every time. 

what are the sides?

Do you think I'm arguing to keep Barry? or anyone is for that matter?

you're inventing arguments in your head that don't actually exist...

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Cool, I'm sure it will leave us right around 18th then if it continues (especially against the weaker offenses we're about to face).

moving from 28th to 18th in a matter of weeks indicates the recent play is much, much better than 18th.

let's be intellectually honest at least.

if the play continues as it has, we'll pretty obviously continue to move up, asymptotically, to the actual level - which is assuredly significantly better than 18th.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

what are the sides?

Do you think I'm arguing to keep Barry? or anyone is for that matter?

you're inventing arguments in your head that don't actually exist...

That PPG allowed by itself doesn't matter, it's how you get there.

Newsflash, there's more than just you in this thread.

The last line is something you drug up in your own head. Now move the **** on.