Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I really tried to pay attention to the down and distance for Detroit's offense and how Barry defended. Barry is pretty bad. We have a mini bye and then a big bye, good time to make a change.

He’s so bad. I would probably literally cry tears of joy if he was fired.

• Like 2

Just now, CWood21 said:

For the record, I don't think the defense was the issue but it certainly wasn't the solution tonight.

It was a compounding thing.  Defense gave up drive after drive and the offense was 3 and out far to often in the first half.  snowball effect and its 27-3

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For the record, I don't think the defense was the issue but it certainly wasn't the solution tonight.

They ran the ball 42 times tonight. They averaged 5 yards per carry. No matter the offensive struggles, that just ain't going to cut it. They gave up 5 YPC on the season in 2022 (28th in the league). They gave up 4.7 YPC in 2021 (30th in the league).

Barry needs to go.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They ran the ball 42 times tonight. They averaged 5 yards per carry. No matter the offensive struggles, that just ain't going to cut it. They gave up 5 YPC on the season in 2022 (28th in the league). They gave up 4.7 YPC in 2021 (30th in the league).

Barry needs to go.

that can only work if teams aren't willing to take advantage of it.  ATL, NO, DET all were happy to run the ball.  

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Barry needs to go.

While I DEFINITELY agree that Barry needs to go, kinda hard to catch your breath when the offense can't move the ball effectively.  The offense didn't generate a SINGLE first down in the first half that wasn't by penalty.  That's brutal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

that can only work if teams aren't willing to take advantage of it.  ATL, NO, DET all were happy to run the ball.  

You set a tone when you are able to take away the run game and make someone one dimensional. When team's know they can lean on the run game, they aren't afraid to be more creative in the pass game/take chances. Barry has zero respect around the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

While I DEFINITELY agree that Barry needs to go, kinda hard to catch your breath when the offense can't move the ball effectively.  The offense didn't generate a SINGLE first down in the first half that wasn't by penalty.  That's brutal.

What's the excuse for the last 2 seasons then? LIS, the offensive problems aside, this isn't a "they're on the field too long" problem. This is a scheme issue and it's being compounded by the offensive scuttles. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

What's the excuse for the last 2 seasons then? LIS, the offensive problems aside, this isn't a "they're on the field too long" problem. This is a scheme issue and it's being compounded by the offensive scuttles. 

Trust me, I'm not in any disagreement that Barry needs to go.  We all know what Barry's gameplan is.  I'm going to sit back with a soft box and wait for a QB to make a mistake.  But when QBs don't make mistakes and opposing teams can run the ball effectively, the opposing team is going to win.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, why are we always in two high ******* coverage no matter the situation? Barry knows **** all to be a coordinator and there's so much to prove it at this point. MLF needs to sack up and fire his friend.

not sure MLF has the sack to do it