State of the Steelers

warfelg

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

How do you get that from the video? I’m not trying to be rude, but the video and the tweet seemed like they were more for the pass catcher. 

He said it in the tweet that the tweet was embedded in. 

“The Balls Ain’t Late ‼️ His QB Trainer Was There And They Was Working Progressions He A Great Q And Everything Was on The Money 🎯

Edited by warfelg

53 minutes ago, rlon said:

2025 draft need = Power (Good sized = 220 plus lbs.) RB in rounds 2 to 4, with decent hands

Draft needs:

DL (NT or 5 tech)

WR (stout route runner)

RB (power)

SS (versatile)

QB (depending)

I still bet a QB is #1 and DL #2

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

so Wilson  nor Fields will be the answer moving forward?

I have said it before so I will repeat, here is the options for the Steelers at QB after this season:

If Russ is fantastic, they probably can't afford him but could franchise him.
If Russ is great in success but not exactly lighting it up, you offer him a 2-year deal for good money, let Fields go, & draft his successor.
If Russ is mediocre, you walk away at the end of the year, sign Fields to be a #2 slash placeholder starter, draft a QB.
If Russ is terrible, you insert Fields in 2024 and see what you've got
............. if he's great, you've found your franchise QB
............. if he's terrible, you walk away after 2024
............. if he's mediocre or pretty good, you ditch Russ, sign Fields to be the #2/placeholder starter while you groom your shiny new QB pick.

Most of those options are drafting a QB.  The only way you do not draft a QB high is either Fields or Wilson are your long term franchise QB.  I am hedging my bets to say it is most likely that both are Meh and they draft a QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I am hedging my bets to say it is most likely that both are Meh and they draft a QB.

I was similar to this, but how would we evaluate meh if the run game excels and the team wins a few playoff games? It might not be from great QB play, but if the defence and run games are legit, it makes the QB's appear less meh and possible return in the making. 

Drafting in the middle  won't help  either, or are there legit RD1 QB's there in the middle of RD1?

27 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I was similar to this, but how would we evaluate meh if the run game excels and the team wins a few playoff games? It might not be from great QB play, but if the defence and run games are legit, it makes the QB's appear less meh and possible return in the making. 

Drafting in the middle  won't help  either, or are there legit RD1 QB's there in the middle of RD1?

Either you have a franchise QB or not.  I am assuming that it will be a trade up into the top 10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Either you have a franchise QB or not.  I am assuming that it will be a trade up into the top 10

You know, next year we should have more cap space than I can ever remember. They could really move up for a stud QB, sacrificing a bunch of draft picks but with the money to compensate for that by, for once, being big time players in free agency. That wouldn’t be your Father’s Oldsmobile, so to speak, but I guess it’s possible. I personally would love to see Fields battle it out with a blue chip rookie. Wilson may fetch us a third rounder to trade with…lol.

7 hours ago, jebrick said:

so the draft class isn't that deep at QB where something legit is there past 10?

what do they do if they have a good playoff run, is that no mans land for the future?

4 hours ago, rlon said:

You know, next year we should have more cap space than I can ever remember. They could really move up for a stud QB, sacrificing a bunch of draft picks but with the money to compensate for that by, for once, being big time players in free agency. That wouldn’t be your Father’s Oldsmobile, so to speak, but I guess it’s possible. I personally would love to see Fields battle it out with a blue chip rookie. Wilson may fetch us a third rounder to trade with…lol.

still, to move up near the top, it would take lots of draft capital , not even sure they could do it. 

I don't see fields as the answer and Wilson is near the end. If Wilson does get a new deal, and they get Aiyuk, perhaps trade away the RD1 pick for a  pooling of picks a few years from now and get ready then to get the QB. They most likely will need to pool picks and trade up eventually. 

Father’s Oldsmobile, pinto

actually that was mitch last year, and this year for the bills if allen is out 

6 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

I agree.  

What do we think this does for Warrens price tag?

he will get paid, but maybe not by the steelers.

steelers might (finally?) have the OL and run game in 24, then in 25 have neither RB 

Khan waited and lost , unless he drafts suitable RB's next year. If he does that, and they are good, then he has played this well. Wait and see, no idea how this new offence will be until they play on sundays anyways