State of the Steelers

warfelg

53 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

From what I understand, Dawad wasn’t moved off LT for Paris. He is a two year starter at RT and Paris played LT for one season after Nicholas Petit-frere was drafted and freed up the position. Jones was always a RT. 

Jones played LT as a Soph

• Like 1

With how stubborn and/or wishy washy the org has been sometimes.  Although I’m hoping they turn over a new leaf with the new front office.  You just don’t know what they think. 

Do they want a LT to replace Moore?  Do they want a RT then move Chuks to LT.  Do they want a RT then have Moore/Chuks battle it out?  Do they want to keep Chuks at all or get him off the books?  Do they think they’d be ok if they didn’t draft anyone?

I can almost justify any of those thought processes from them.  Doesn’t mean I agree with any or all of them. You just don’t know how they feel about either position.  Of course the draft will dictate some of that.  

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

Jones played LT as a Soph

But it was filling in for injury, I believe. He was the backup tackle to start that year. He didn’t “lose” the LT spot and Paris wasn’t the guy that displaced him. 

18 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

But it was filling in for injury, I believe. He was the backup tackle to start that year. He didn’t “lose” the LT spot and Paris wasn’t the guy that displaced him. 

Yet he played Lt and did not allow a sack.

3 hours ago, Squanchy said:

With how stubborn and/or wishy washy the org has been sometimes.  Although I’m hoping they turn over a new leaf with the new front office.  You just don’t know what they think. 

Do they want a LT to replace Moore?  Do they want a RT then move Chuks to LT.  Do they want a RT then have Moore/Chuks battle it out?  Do they want to keep Chuks at all or get him off the books?  Do they think they’d be ok if they didn’t draft anyone?

I can almost justify any of those thought processes from them.  Doesn’t mean I agree with any or all of them. You just don’t know how they feel about either position.  Of course the draft will dictate some of that.  

so far this new FO regime is much better. I think colbert was lazy in comparison, and he let the team slide over the years

Moore played well enough in the last half of last season that as far as pass pro goes he gets a pass. In the new scheme, we will see how he does in the run game, but I liked how Moore improved. Dotson should be traded or cut

Chuks has been a reliable excellent pass pro RT.   Run blocking is lacking but what can we do about that?  He most likely will be here in 23 but if they get a successor, Chuks might be a cap casualty as they call em :ph34r:

If they gave Alex a new deal then they could  change their draft approach for Edge a bit anyways. 

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

Yet he played Lt and did not allow a sack.

Right, but my point is he wasn’t a left tackle who was moved off the position for any reason. He was the swing tackle as a soph who played LT after an injury then started the next two years at right tackle.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one. He was likely always considered a right tackle and as soon as there was an opening in the starting lineup …that’s where he went. 

Either way - he was moved off left tackle and into right and didn’t get the opportunity to move back to left tackle. 

Im at a place with watching him that I wouldn’t want to draft him before 49. His pass block set it built on just being massive, his getting out of his stance is impressive, but his ability to fire off the line is average. He works in an RPO based offense because he’s almost too slow to get too far down field. 

any chance we trade for Becton then draft one of the top Centers? What if  Paris is gone before 10, Wright  and Broderick before 15? Thats the order I see for the OT's, with Skoronski being for OG. 

19 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Im at a place with watching him that I wouldn’t want to draft him before 49. His pass block set it built on just being massive, his getting out of his stance is impressive, but his ability to fire off the line is average. He works in an RPO based offense because he’s almost too slow to get too far down field. 

sounds as though he won't dominate the NFL as much.  If there are issues with ethic, conditioning, that could be the end for him sooner or later.  

this mock turned out good but too bad it didn't copy/paste  as such but LMK what you think

13 hours ago, 3rivers said:

did he go against some prospects in the 23 draft and if so which ones? 

As near as I can tell, Van Ness went against P.Johnson when Van Ness was in the game.

Adetomiwa Adebawore(99)

vs Aidan Hutchinson(20221)

Edited by jebrick

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

any chance we trade for Becton then draft one of the top Centers? What if  Paris is gone before 10, Wright  and Broderick before 15? Thats the order I see for the OT's, with Skoronski being for OG. 

I’d assume we don’t take a tackle at 17 if that happens. I think we can improve on our OT position, especially at RT. But it’s also not an absolute must. Moore and Chuks aren’t world beaters, but we could probably win with them. Our interior line looks like it could be dominant and I think that’s the most important part of an offensive line.

I don’t think we’ll trade for Becton. I think the Jets are probably looking to compete next year. They might not want to trade Becton. Also his injuries are worrisome at his size. But, ultimately idk.