State of the Steelers

warfelg

Its funny seeing how happy Eagles fans are after trade Terrell Edmunds.

They said he was terrible in coverage and an unreliable tackler, which pretty much mimicked my feelings of him the majority of his time here.

That being said, I would take him back right now just because he was a decent compliment to Minkah and better than what we have now....but Ive seen Steeler fans talk him up as if he was actually good for us, when he was actually extremely mediocre most of the time, but we settled for it because we have gotten used to poor safety play since Troy left, and he was a marginal upgrade.

It would be nice to see us get a semi decent box safety next to Minkah.     

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Its funny seeing how happy Eagles fans are after trade Terrell Edmunds.

They said he was terrible in coverage and an unreliable tackler, which pretty much mimicked my feelings of him the majority of his time here.

That being said, I would take him back right now just because he was a decent compliment to Minkah and better than what we have now....but Ive seen Steeler fans talk him up as if he was actually good for us, when he was actually extremely mediocre most of the time, but we settled for it because we have gotten used to poor safety play since Troy left, and he was a marginal upgrade.

It would be nice to see us get a semi decent box safety next to Minkah.     

I talk him up only because I feel his positional flexibility and box play made him a perfect complement for Minkah. He allowed Minkah to be Minkah. I think the issue is the way the Eagles used him. 

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I talk him up only because I feel his positional flexibility and box play made him a perfect complement for Minkah. He allowed Minkah to be Minkah. I think the issue is the way the Eagles used him. 

Not disagreeing really...but I still feel like there is alot of room for improvement.   Still, as I said, Id take him back right now, for sure.

22 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not disagreeing really...but I still feel like there is alot of room for improvement.   Still, as I said, Id take him back right now, for sure.

There is. I feel like he was a good floor and we went to the basement for the safety rotation. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Issue with Edmunds is that he's a WLB playing Safety. I remember the Edmunds that was always a step late in coverage allowing those deep shots. 

Honestly I don't see any room for him as Neal has been solid covering TEs & playing inside the box.

He is another attempt  to have that mythical SS/ILB hybrid.

• Like 1

Don't look now, but we've got a lot of winnable games the rest of the way out. The only one I feel like we're destined to lose is the Seattle game. I'd give us a puncher's chance in all of the others. Obviously I don't think we will win them all, but we're not outclassed by anyone left on the schedule. Seattle isn't a lot better than us, I just don't like the idea of going across the country to play there. But, who knows, we went to LV and LA and won. 

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Don't look now, but we've got a lot of winnable games the rest of the way out. The only one I feel like we're destined to lose is the Seattle game. I'd give us a puncher's chance in all of the others. Obviously I don't think we will win them all, but we're not outclassed by anyone left on the schedule. Seattle isn't a lot better than us, I just don't like the idea of going across the country to play there. But, who knows, we went to LV and LA and won. 

They have already won games that they should have lost and lost one game they should have won.  They have 4 games vs bottom feeders.  Figure they will win 3 of them.  They have 3 games vs mid tier teams.  Could go either way.  I think 3 games vs top level teams which i would expect them to lose.  9-8 or 8-9 would be where I expect them. 10-7 would be possible if they play very well.

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

They have already won games that they should have lost and lost one game they should have won.  They have 4 games vs bottom feeders.  Figure they will win 3 of them.  They have 3 games vs mid tier teams.  Could go either way.  I think 3 games vs top level teams which i would expect them to lose.  9-8 or 8-9 would be where I expect them. 10-7 would be possible if they play very well.

Who are the bottom feeders? Colts, Cards, Pats? If so, I like our odds since they're all at home.