State of the Steelers

warfelg

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The Narrative for the Browns must be upheld.  PPF says there was no one better.  Stats say differently. 

I recommend finding JJ Watts interview on the players view of PPF on the McCaffery show.

Oh I’ve seen it. Players said TJ was DPOY, basically every voting place other than PFF and AP had TJ. 

I got another one for you:

https://x.com/robmaaddi/status/1755786910142976151?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Ryans lost this because of the number of 1st place votes. Some of these single 3rd place votes - I want to know who the left off the ballot. 

I’ve always had this opinion on this that this is how you should do these votes to keep the “my guy” vote out. They run one round - tally - get to the final 5. Then re-issue the votes where you can only vote for those final 5. 

DPOY - Watt

coach - Ryans

Rook DPOY Porter - better than witherspoon over the year and took other teams WR1 and practically erased them

goodell and nfl media - dogsh!t 

playing for tomlin, Watt won't win a playoff game  or even if he does, won't get the SB . The least the league could do is be honest and give him the award he earned according to most , such as  Shannon Sharpe for example, and of course  us here 

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-steelers-kirk-cousins-contract-look-like-vikings/

“Buzz now is that it will take $90 million guaranteed for two years, despite that he’s still not yet fully recovered from Achilles surgery in November, to sign [Cousins],” Walters wrote.

how people can even consider this as an option makes no sense to me considering our cap situation and the needs across the roster. Then consider his injury, and primetime performances, actually thats inline with our recent history in the playoffs now that I think of it

22 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-steelers-kirk-cousins-contract-look-like-vikings/

“Buzz now is that it will take $90 million guaranteed for two years, despite that he’s still not yet fully recovered from Achilles surgery in November, to sign [Cousins],” Walters wrote.

how people can even consider this as an option makes no sense to me considering our cap situation and the needs across the roster. Then consider his injury, and primetime performances, actually thats inline with our recent history in the playoffs now that I think of it

Good luck with that.  Next!

giphy.gif

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 2

Yea I’m more of the go after Cousins throught process than most but at that price?….probably not.

Its looking more and more likely to go Pickett/Rudolph(or comparable vet) and continue rebuilding the OL and finishing up WR for the probable 2025 draft trade up.

38 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Good luck with that.  Next!

giphy.gif

Yeah.    Ill take my chance with Pickett before paying that.

We arent just a QB away.    Not yet anyway.   And Cousins isn't a guy who is going to take a middling team all the way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFF said:

Yea I’m more of the go after Cousins throught process than most but at that price?….probably not.

Its looking more and more likely to go Pickett/Rudolph(or comparable vet) and continue rebuilding the OL and finishing up WR for the probable 2025 draft trade up.

I was never one to think cousins was worth it. Good for him he got a nice contract, was decent for his team, no slouch, but not great either.   

on a side note, with these 'legit' vet QB contracts in the 45M range, I think the league has lost a grip. Only a few are really that good or close to it, the rest are still unproven in the clutch and overall.  #15,  then a ways down  you have Burrow and  I think Stafford should be in that arena as well. The rest don't perform near their cap charge, and it really costs their teams . 

even if khan signed cousins, it still doesn't help the many other needs, and it actually prevents any other serious UFA signings because of the cap hit. 

I find the qb contracts are also a cause to lose interest. It's almost as though the team has to win while the QB is on the rookie deal and thats flawed.  For steelers fans, there are 2 or maybe 3 years left, then thats it for the QB , then he gets that mega deal and the team will lose players

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Saw this argument on Twitter: Garrett should be the DPOY rightfully because he’s bigger and faster than TJ. 

combine is infiltrating PFF now,

stop watch+ scale+calculator is all thats required

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Yeah.    Ill take my chance with Pickett before paying that.

We arent just a QB away.    Not yet anyway.   And Cousins isn't a guy who is going to take a middling team all the way.

the KP might be a waste mainly  because the bad OL and 2 years of canada. The team could at least try to get in decent shape in 2 years time for the next RD1 QB I guess.  

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Saw this argument on Twitter: Garrett should be the DPOY rightfully because he’s bigger and faster than TJ. 

I think that plays in part with the hype Garrett receives. He looks like a god in human form. I think Garrett is really good, but it feels like the media badly wants to put him in the Reggie white, LT, deacon Jones tier when he's closer to the Terrell suggs tier. 

• Like 1