State of the Steelers

warfelg

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

who's worth more in a trade. Johnson or fields? QB is obviously the more impact position, but Johnson is the more proven talent. 

I think Johnson, but he's due for a contract so that depresses value.  Realistically Fields is a QB which usually gets more, but maybe you can get by giving up less because they need to move him and you decide to do it without the 5th year option.

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think Johnson, but he's due for a contract so that depresses value.  Realistically Fields is a QB which usually gets more, but maybe you can get by giving up less because they need to move him and you decide to do it without the 5th year option.

makes for interesting trade proposals

DJ and pick 120 for JF and pick 75? or straight player swap?

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

makes for interesting trade proposals

DJ and pick 120 for JF and pick 75? or straight player swap?

That first trade would be an absolute no brainer for me. Then use that pick 75 on a discounted Keon Coleman, who would be a better fit for Arthur Smith’s offense than DJ.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm with you. I didn't like the Robinson signing from the beginning. I started to come around to the idea only to have him kind of stink. I'd rather be done with him. 

Yeah....Robinson has no real value at this point.   Rather give Calvin Austin or another young guy his reps.   At least they could potentially improve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Adams would be a nice fit next to Minkah. At least the idea of Adams is a good fit. I don't know if he's got anything left in the tank.

NO! Adams is super slow and one of the worst coverage Safeties ever. He is a thumper and should have switched to WLB years ago. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Why not go for Kevin Byard and or JC Jackson?

Byard is toast and there’s rumors that Jackson’s legal troubles are worse than most think.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Byard is toast and there’s rumors that Jackson’s legal troubles are worse than most think.

Legal troubles? Byard has much left in the tank. I think he was more salary cap than performance.