State of the Steelers

warfelg

5 minutes ago, AFF said:

Sean Bunting was also a pre draft visit several Years back and from what I know a solid CB2(someone correct me if I’m wrong)….and as I said before they like going back to those guys.

just a thought.

Curious if this year would be different. They could have had him last year and passed. I liked him last year though. 

Seems like a really solid year to need an ILB, CB, C, and S in free agency....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think DJ is as good as gone and they rather have ARob as the “adult” in the room over someone else outside the org. 

Ive been trying to trade DJ to KC before the start of this past season and other times before that. 

19 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Broncos cut Justin Simmons.

More appealing than Poyer to me… so many safeties available. I had originally liked the idea of signing Terrell Edmunds but with how rich the market has become I hope they go a little more big name hunting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

More appealing than Poyer to me… so many safeties available. I had originally liked the idea of signing Terrell Edmunds but with how rich the market has become I hope they go a little more big name hunting.

Bills fan are saying Poyer is pretty much done.

Simmons is gonna get paid…I do agree in going after someone in a crowded S market though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

With so many safeties released I’m more and more hopeful that we can get one much cheaper than anticipated. I think too many of these teams are seeing good draft depth and will be looking for answers there. 

Simmons and Minkah being able to two high and Neal as big nickel rotation guy can make up for a CB2 who’s not as good really quickly though. Especially since JPJ is as good as he is in coverage you don’t need to give him a ton of help. 

Edited by warfelg

2 hours ago, AFF said:

Neal Cut…saves $2.25 mill against cap.

Should cut Kazee next.   Get rid of this dead weight at safety.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

I don’t mind him as depth but I would prefer an upgrade in FA or at worst, a draft pick to replace him by next year

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 43M said:

I actually like him as an opportunistic 3rd safety. He gets badly exposed when asked to be a full time player, but there’s no denying he has ball hawking capabilities.

I definitely won’t shed a tear if he’s replaced, just think he’s fine as a 3rd safety/part time guy. Neal is the one who needed to go.

• Like 1