State of the Steelers

warfelg

11 minutes ago, 43M said:

The thing people often forget about Mahomes is that he was far from a blue chip prospect.   He obviously had nice tools, but he needed a good situation, and ultimately went to the best situation imaginable.

If we cant get a top tier talent at QB, we need to make this a better situation for an incoming QB.

And he sat for a year behind Smith while they fixed his mechanics.

• Like 2

Just now, jebrick said:

What works against the Steelers is that I do not trust their "offensive minds" to a) identify a franchise QB and b) coach him up.  Perhaps Smith is different.  i hope so.

I mean, we didn’t have to do it in 20 years almost and the one time we did we were saddled with Canada, and that decision can be blamed 10 different ways.  Basically, the decision of trust is built off one case.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I mean, we didn’t have to do it in 20 years almost and the one time we did we were saddled with Canada, and that decision can be blamed 10 different ways.  Basically, the decision of trust is built off one case.

So i hope they surprise me

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

So i hope they surprise me

I want it too. Moreso im in the I wouldn’t write it off based on a bunch of questions to why Canada and forcing QB in a bad QB class then going with the guy that was the least developmental. 

Genuinely curious if they either aren't going hard after centers or if they are going to have a difficult time landing a starting quality one. 

Khan seemed pretty open about trying to use the draft to find the next great steelers center. Might be a tough sell to have a guy want to come in and potentially only be looking at a few weeks, if any, as a starter. 

• Like 1