State of the Steelers

warfelg

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Would be interesting if their plan was to move Daniels to C and sign a G thinking the C market would be too hot, but then the G market blew up and it messed up the entire plan.

Heck, I’ve been thinking the right move this off-season was to extend Daniels, but now I don’t know…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

So, they are going to sign someone at the position as soon as I hit send and make me look stupid, but...

This is the reason I found the timing of the Mason Cole cut to be odd. They seem very content with finding a center in the draft, but because they already cut Cole they need someone at the position in case the draft can't happen. Maybe that's Daniels or Herbig? Don't know...

I don't know what I don't know here, but I am curious if players/agents know they are drafting a guy to replace them in a month or if they are getting 1 year deal offers and saying no thank you. Like, Mitch Morse isn't signing to be replaced. 

Feels like we should have kept Cole and replaced him in the draft instead of cutting him early (unless the replacement is Daniels or Herbig, in which case this is mute). 

Problem with finding a center in the draft is that teams know you need to find a center in the draft and will trade in front of you to get a center they like.  I dislike going into the draft with an obvious hole.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Heck, I’ve been thinking the right move this off-season was to extend Daniels, but now I don’t know…

Draft all the OL lol.

I think what baffles me most about the whole C issue is this: Raiders, Seahawks, Eagles (? both their guards were C's in college), Broncos, Bills (they claim to have a plan but they could make a draft move), Chicago maybe, Jets have a perpetual bad OL.  Still a lot of seats that need to be filled and there's basically 3 guys that can start day 1 in the draft, and maybe 4 in FA.

I mentioned earlier that their was a lot of good OGs available and it wouldn’t be the worst idea to move Daniels to center but then I saw some of the guard contracts of $17-$20 mill AAV this offseason with Jackson and Hunt.

Im still extending Daniels…he young and solid enough and if they overpay alittle bit I’m fine with it due to their cap space starting next year.

• Like 1

Just now, August4th said:

Willie gay liking Steelers stuff on social media 

He'd be a fun guy to bring in. He's big and crazy athletic. His instincts and coverage aren't great, but could probably improve as he's still young. I think we have a defense that suits guys like that at ILB. We need an ILB pretty bad too. If we sign him, hopefully he'll be the plug to the perpetual hole in our boat at ILB since Shazier's injury. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Draft all the OL lol.

I think what baffles me most about the whole C issue is this: Raiders, Seahawks, Eagles (? both their guards were C's in college), Broncos, Bills (they claim to have a plan but they could make a draft move), Chicago maybe, Jets have a perpetual bad OL.  Still a lot of seats that need to be filled and there's basically 3 guys that can start day 1 in the draft, and maybe 4 in FA.

Didn’t the Raiders resign James for center?

And isn’t it rumored the Eagles drafted Jurgens to move him to center for Kelce?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, AFF said:

Didn’t the Raiders resign James for center?

And isn’t it rumored the Eagles drafted Jurgens to move him to center for Kelce?

Rumor is Jurgens but they are a common C mock spot. 

You’re right on James. Don’t know why but I thought he was to TEN. 

It’s still a lot of teams and limited quantity. 

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 1

If they are comfortable with Daniels at Center, I really don’t mind the idea of going into the draft and getting the best C and having them start their NFL careers in a competition with Herbig for RG.

But I don’t want to do switching without injury/necessity. If Daniels is at center keep him at center. If he is at RG, leave him at RG.